DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

3 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:
  Hide contents

Am I reading correctly that Frankie's heel turn a week ago was just a swerve and he re-joined Daniels' side tonight?

Spoiler

Yes. Took place at last month's TV tapings but was indeed just recently aired.

Spoiler

Great main event that told a perfect, time-tested story of the young, over-confident and cocky Cole taking Daniels and his 0-8-1 record in title matches too lightly. The superkick into the ring post was a nice touch and this was absolutely the kind of match you want the babyface getting colour in. Fuck the neckbeards chanting for Adam Cole even after Cole threatened to go wreck Daniels' wife. Nice moment with Kazarian too and it was well done that he didn't touch Cole, just negated the chicanery. 

Co-main was a raaaaad spotfest too.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention... how fucking gross was that TK O'Ryan Asai moonsault where he drove his shins into the guardrail? I saw a pic of him at hospital with his left leg in a splint of sorts. The match was a real disappointment but I hope he recovers quickly.

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I forgot to mention... how fucking gross was that TK O'Ryan Asai moonsault where he drove his shins into the guardrail? I saw a pic of him at hospital with his left leg in a splint of sorts. The match was a real disappointment but I hope he recovers quickly.

In regards to the main, I'm just glad that the booking on the TV show over the past couple months has actually had a payoff.

• Like 1

Fun show live, I don't know if the crowd was miced as bad aa last year or if the excitment of the crowd was picked up. Place was wild. Lethal vs Fish, Scrull vs Rush and the Main were all matches of the night. 6 Man Mayham was a fun spot fest. Hey I saw Punishment Martinez's back tat, is that The Transplants logo? The Las Vegas Street Fight was a wild good time. Trent is a maniac. Crowd was wild for Daniels. the run in during the main kinda bugged me, I'll get more into that in a couple days after more people have a had a chance to watch it and I won't risk spoiling it.

Just finished watching the show. Really good card overall. Dug the Rush/Scrull match. I really liked Lethal/Fish and the street fight was insane.

I cringed when O'Ryan hit the rail, sad to see that he broke his leg. Martinez looked like a beast.

I really want that Tiger Mask shirt that Cheeseburger was wearing at the end of the show.

When did it change from "Punisher" to "Punishment"?

And I wasn't a fan of the Rush/Scurll match. Scurll was super sloppy throughout (those were some of the most embarrassing punches I've ever seen) and Rush's stuff with the title/chairs didn't make a lick of sense.

I was pleasantly surprised by Fish/Lethal. The homestretch was really good.

17 hours ago, Oyaji said:

It is a sad irony that if you are associated with Matt Taven (or Matt himself) that if you do flip to the floor your leg is at serious risk.   And that you will lose your title  as well.   Didn't Taven break his leg doing the moonsault to the floor as well although it wasn't because he hit the guardrail in that case

This week's ROH TV was pretty fun. 

-Castle-Gresham was a really enjoyable match that made Gresham look really good while also keeping Castle hot.  Loved him catching Gresham into that spinning Bangarang.

-Martinez/Whitmer-War Machine was tremendous fun.  Martinez looked amazing and I loved Mark Briscoe's call of Martinez' tope: "shades of the freakin' Undertaker!"  Personally, I'd bring Truth Martini back, have him enlist Martinez and I'd push Martinez to the moon while he's still there.  Martinez as the ROH Bullet Club Hunter would be tremendously entertaining.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I liked Preston Quinn, throwback to the old school Mid Atlantic heel, Power moves elbows black trunks and a flamboyant manager.

Quinn was awesome, I can't believe he lost to that skinny guy.

I thought Skyler looked all right, as did the guy who Milonas beat.  The rest of them? Ehhh....

14 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I liked Preston Quinn, throwback to the old school Mid Atlantic heel, Power moves elbows black trunks and a flamboyant manager.

After 22 years, I would think one would cease being a prospect.

• Like 4

What Eddie said.  PQ is fucking awesome.  I'm not shocked by the loss because it was pretty obvious that he's bracket filler.  if I needed someone to make me look like a million bucks in my wrestling debut, I couldn't pick a better opponent than Preston Quinn.

The idea of a vet like Quinn being a new prospect is laughable at best.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2017 at 0:54 PM, mattdangerously said:

Hopefully this inspires him to buy better looking gear.  That singlet is bush league

Years ago, someone on PWG commentary (maybe 2010 BOLA??) said, "I understand alpha and omega, but what's the 'battery half full' symbol there for?"

Still unanswered.

This is likely because I missed a few years of ROH and indie wrestling right when he was getting popular, but I just watched that main event and I cannot for the life of me understand people who cheer for Adam Cole.

32 minutes ago, maciej said:

This is likely because I missed a few years of ROH and indie wrestling right when he was getting popular, but I just watched that main event and I cannot for the life of me understand people who cheer for Adam Cole.

Like a lot of others the past few years that work promotions aside from ROH, I think it's because Adam Cole's best work is probably outside of ROH. ROH isn't really the place where guys seem to give it their all anymore.

• Like 1