Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD


RIPPA
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, supremebve said:

Is there a reason they don't like Tyrod?  He's not Tom Brady, but he's an above average starting quarterback in a league full of terrible quarterbacks.  

The cynic in me says it is pigment-related.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DouglasC said:

The cynic in me says it is pigment-related.

I am pretty sure that Deshaun Watson has the same pigment, who is the QB they are supposedly eye-balling. Not that NFL rumors mean anything at this stage when it relates to the draft.

Far more likely is the constant rumor that Whaley was never all-in on Tyrod and wanted EJ to start two year ago. Not that I agree if that is true, but 'word on the street' was that Tyrod was Rex's pick and that Whaley was never on board. So once Rex is gone, everyone assumed Tyrod would be cut. He restructured instead, but it doesn't appear that Whaley is still on-board with Tyrod as the QB of the future.

I personally disagree with it, as I think Tyrod is a perfectly acceptable QB and is worth the money he is getting paid, the Bills have enough other issues and I'd prefer they use the draft to fill them instead of replacing a player above average in his position. I don't think Whaley has a personal dislike for Tyrod, I think he is aware his clock as GM is ticking and doesn't think that Tyrod is a "franchise" QB, so he wants to find one before its too late for him. If the Bills miss the playoffs next year, I'd say there is a 100% chance they cut Tyrod, unless he is an All Pro.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/11/2017 at 1:37 PM, Kevin Wilson said:

I am pretty sure that Deshaun Watson has the same pigment, who is the QB they are supposedly eye-balling. Not that NFL rumors mean anything at this stage when it relates to the draft.

Far more likely is the constant rumor that Whaley was never all-in on Tyrod and wanted EJ to start two year ago. Not that I agree if that is true, but 'word on the street' was that Tyrod was Rex's pick and that Whaley was never on board. So once Rex is gone, everyone assumed Tyrod would be cut. He restructured instead, but it doesn't appear that Whaley is still on-board with Tyrod as the QB of the future.

I personally disagree with it, as I think Tyrod is a perfectly acceptable QB and is worth the money he is getting paid, the Bills have enough other issues and I'd prefer they use the draft to fill them instead of replacing a player above average in his position. I don't think Whaley has a personal dislike for Tyrod, I think he is aware his clock as GM is ticking and doesn't think that Tyrod is a "franchise" QB, so he wants to find one before its too late for him. If the Bills miss the playoffs next year, I'd say there is a 100% chance they cut Tyrod, unless he is an All Pro.

Whaley, desperately needed EJ to be a success to prop up his shitty draft record. This was topped off by the shit sundae that was Ej's performance in week 17 fhat started all the Tyrod rumors. I don't want him to go, but drafting a kid to potentially start a few years down the line isn't the worst idea in the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The city of St. Louis has decided to sue everyone remotely involved with moving the Rams to LA.  

 

Let's hope they win and they are forced to relegate the Rams and by proxy, the Chargers, to the CFL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Yes on the team that had three QB's of the same pigment on their roster last year.  Fucking yam bag

Yeah, I wasn't going there when I asked about why they want to get rid of Tyrod, but I understand why someone would.  Buffalo has a black GM and had three black quarterbacks on the roster, when there aren't many black back up quarterbacks in the league.  I really have no idea why they seem to want to replace an above average quarterback, who doesn't turn the ball over.  He's not great, but he's proven to be better than most of the quarterbacks in the league.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another thing is that he is pretty good playmaker, but his style of play tends to get guys hurt.  So that could be a factor, along with the traditional dumb fuckery of the Buffalo front office. . . . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Yes on the team that had three QB's of the same pigment on their roster last year.  Fucking yam bag

Moreso a reference on my part to the more loathsome of the Bills fanbase than their management.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Per various sources:

The Patriots have extended an offer sheet to Bills RFA RB Mike Gillislee.  2 year deal worth up to $6.4MM, $4MM in the 1st year.  If the Bills don't match, they get the Patriots 5th round pick.

Also, Danny Amendola has agreed to a reduced contract for this season.  He was slated to make $6MM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, paragon11 said:

Per various sources:

The Patriots have extended an offer sheet to Bills RFA RB Mike Gillislee.  2 year deal worth up to $6.4MM, $4MM in the 1st year.  If the Bills don't match, they get the Patriots 5th round pick.

Also, Danny Amendola has agreed to a reduced contract for this season.  He was slated to make $6MM.

Bills ought to take the pick. He's nice and all, but I think he had a drug suspension last year, and the Bills seem to be able to find Rb's like nobody's business. . . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frankly, it is just too much to pay a backup running back. That is why the Bills didn't use the 2nd Round tender, as that would have paid Gillislee 2.7 million. Virtually no team pays a change of pace back that much money, it just isn't a wise investment.

Gillislee is a very good RB but I'd be shocked if the Bills pick it up. I'm a little surprised the Pats want him since Gillislee is more like Lewis than Blount, I'd think they'd be going for a bruiser/between the tackles type RB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RIPPA locked, unlocked, unpinned and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...