DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Browns are also releasing RG3

So now there is nothing more I want in life than for him to go back to DC

I just had this conversation with my coworker.  How bad would Kirk have to play before the fanbase started calling for RG3?  Cousins could throw 384 interceptions in a game and somehow they'd try to to justify Kirk staying in the game.  Honestly, I don't think anything that team could do to make me happier.

The Cowboys are losing Terrell McClain (WSH), Jack Crawford (ATL), Barry Church (JAC),  and possibly J.J. Wilcox & Mo Claiborne to TB and BAL respectively.

If you're a defensive player and believe you can make a NFL team roster, you might want to start working out and get a plane ticket to Dallas right about now.

Schefter says Osweiler may not be a Brown for very long.  They're stockpiling, so they just absorb the deal and trade him away for picks. 

Competence?  In MY Cleveland Browns?  

• Like 1

What the fuck, Bears? WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK? I want to laugh my fuckin' ass off at Brock getting dumped off to the Browns, but I can't because the Bears are an even bigger dumpster fire. Mike fucking Glennon? The alien? For real?

Save me, Indianapolis Colts. You need to be good this year.

An official with direct knowledge of the situation attributed the decision to McCloughan’s ongoing problems with alcohol, which also led to his firing from front office positions with the San Francisco 49ers in 2010 and Seattle Seahawks in 2014.

“He’s had multiple relapses due to alcohol,” said the official, who spoke on a condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment on personnel matters. “He showed up in the locker room drunk on multiple occasions. . . . This has been a disaster for 18 months.”

3 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

An official with direct knowledge of the situation attributed the decision to McCloughan’s ongoing problems with alcohol, which also led to his firing from front office positions with the San Francisco 49ers in 2010 and Seattle Seahawks in 2014.

“He’s had multiple relapses due to alcohol,” said the official, who spoke on a condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment on personnel matters. “He showed up in the locker room drunk on multiple occasions. . . . This has been a disaster for 18 months.”

Are we sure that this "source" doesn't have a name that rhymes with "Miss Fooley"

They better hope that he legit have a drinking issue with the Skins or they are just begging with trouble.   Which they love to do

The drinking has been an open secret around here for awhile

However - most of the local reporters are saying that the big issue was Bruce Allen being jealous and wanting to get all the glory for himself. (The drinking helped shuffle things along)

Also - and take this for what it is worth - Michael Silver on NFL Network just said that he spoke to Scot McLoughin several times this week and that this is an obvious smear campaign so that's a national media guy echoing the local guys

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The drinking has been an open secret around here for awhile

However - most of the local reporters are saying that the big issue was Bruce Allen being jealous and wanting to get all the glory for himself. (The drinking helped shuffle things along)

Uhh....what glory?