DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Texans fire OC George Godsey. 

No idea who replaces him, but they can't be worse.  Honestly, I don't care if we still run the E-P system we're supposed to run, because frankly, since we switched to Bill O'Brien's offense, it's never worked. 

Hire Art Briles. (That will never happen).

8 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Social media rumor du joure of the night is that Philip Rivers doesn't want to to go LA and San Francisco is interested.

It's absurd enough that it has to be true, right?

*blinks*

Sure, why the fuck not? Because... well, something something his 20 kids something.

I assumed that was from the Rams official twitter account and they were going with this "hey, at least Sam Kroenke isn't as evil as Georgia Frontiere" angle.  That picture of her still fills me with rage and I haven't cared about the Rams in 22 years.

And the Chargers are actually on their THIRD logo already going with the written out text rather than just the LA logo.

Also in Chargers hilarity - the logo and TE Jeff Cumberland got boo'd at the Lakers/Clippers game this weekend.

• Like 2

Just now, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Apparently the Chargers have come up with a plan to boost their popularity by renaming themselves the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus Chargers.

8 home games in 8 cities? Couldn't do worse than hosting in a MLS stadium. . . .

On 1/17/2017 at 1:47 AM, Death From Above said:

Social media rumor du joure of the night is that Philip Rivers doesn't want to to go LA and San Francisco is interested.

It's absurd enough that it has to be true, right?

Because if there's one place that there's less of them than LA, it's San Francisco... 

• Like 2

Someone is going to buy a solid gold house on the banks of Lake Erie.  

Also, LOGOGHAZI~ update!

The Chargers color swapped their logo: 

They were then told, no, this sucks too.

They have now ditched the LA Lighting Bolt emoji completely. In the immortal words of Kenny Loggins, This Is It!

ojqwnn-b88876856z.120170113170938000g5kl

Dear San Diego:

Perhaps you should be angry at your fucking city government who apparently assumes (correctly?) that Comic Con is a bigger draw than the Chargers.

If you get another team, do not hesitate to build a better stadium.

Love,

JT

Putting two bad football teams in a city that doesn't care about football to begin with* is the absolute height of NFL hubris.

Source: I emailed my brother in LA who told me they've already forgotten about the Rams and won't care about the Chargers if they start losing out of the gate like the Rams did.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Dear San Diego:

Perhaps you should be angry at your fucking city government who apparently assumes (correctly?) that Comic Con is a bigger draw than the Chargers.

Love,

JT

How about an owner and league that both have more money than God use their own fucking money to build their pleasure palace instead of raping taxpayers?

• Like 8

If JT does not live in Pittsburgh, then he's not someone who could vote on this anyway. :)

Edit: Wikipedia says that taxpayers paid around $233 million of the $281 million cost for Heinz Field. So not a total bending over like the new super stadiums, but still hurty.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ryan said:

How long ago was that? Inflation has really raised the costs of those places over the years. Also, insanity in design.

Also, the hidden knife that always fucks area residents is the tax exemptions that always go hand in hand with new stadiums.  So the city never sees a drop of tax revenue until the stadium is basically ready to be replaced. 

19 hours ago, sabremike said:

How about an owner and league that both have more money than God use their own fucking money to build their pleasure palace instead of raping taxpayers?

1. God does not need money.  That's why he's God.

2. Some cities *cough* Richmond *cough* fucking wish they had a stadium and a NFL team to bitch about.  RVA has to be happy with the DC sloppy seconds that is the fucking Redskins training camp.

3. NFL owners are vampires. Water is wet.  Film @ 11.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Steelers clearly need to bend Pittsburgh over now. They clearly have one yes vote in JT

I am JT.  I am nobody's bitch.

Now if you will excuse me, my woman is on the phone and we have to talk about dining room furniture..

• Like 6

21 hours ago, J.T. said:

Dear San Diego:

Love,

JT

I have friends in San Diego. They don't give a shit about football and certainly didn't want to pay money for something they didn't go to. Not to mention that they didn't want to pay for this bullshit for the vast amount of ways suggested, like the hotel tax increase. Basically, people traveling to San Diego for whatever reason, like Comic Con, are paying for some bullshit they don't care about. The Chargers ownership must have some pretty big balls to say, "well, if the residents of San Diego don't want to pay for this stadium they won't care about, then how about we make everyone traveling to San Diego help pay for it!" That's bullshit. Pay for it with your own fucking money you fucking mooches.

And yes, they do assume correctly that comic con is a bigger draw.