RIPPA

NFL
2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

199 posts in this topic

Already knew it was going to happen when they removed the interm title from Marrone. /shrugs

Lane Kiffin's your next HC anyway. It is the way of things.

It's going to suck for the league in a few years when they have to vote on relocating both the Rams and Chargers.

Maybe the Rams can move to San Diego after the city realizes it misses football.

Goodell will refuse for the shield to look bad so they'll just force another team to move to LA until one takes off.

I mean, I find the "Protect the Shield" thing kinda funny when the NFL has looked pretty terrible in a lot of things in the last few years.

Move a team to Hartford as the reincarnated Whalers as a giant "Fuck you" to Bob Kraft.

The LA Chargers already called takesie backsie on that logo.

1 person likes this

Now it looks like they are going to keep the yellow and blue... Which, okay then, this makes sense to have two teams with basically the same colors eventually sharing the same stadium.

BTW let me get this straight: Dean Spanos paid $600 million to go to LA where literally nobody cares about his team to be a tenant and second banana to one of the biggest most ruthless real estate sharks in the country, and he could've paid less than that and had his own stadium in San Diego? The NFL should force him to get rid of the team because he is clearly too fucking stupid to be the owner of an NFL team.

6 people like this

The general consensus is that it's expected to make the team more valuable if/when he sells it

I'm not exactly why it would do so, but there you go

Texans Offseason goals:

1. Extend Bill O'Brien

2. Fire Rick Smith

3. Find a QB?

4. ????

5. PROFIT!

Do they make a run at Romo? 

Looking at the numbers for next year, there's no way they could unless they want to be chest-deep in cap hell. Especially when they have to re-sign Clowney and he's going to want close to Watt-type money.

It appears that both Devin Hester and Vince Wilfolk have played their last games in the NFL

I hear Wilfork's going to make a comeback as a return man and see how that goes. I'm all for it.

Yeah - that would take the sting away for Cowboys fans from yesterday

Man - did I see so much chest thumping from Skins fans. "THEY WON AS MANY PLAYOFF GAMES AS DALLAS DID!!!"

Rob Ryan is like the common cold you pass to someone at work. You don't give a damn who has it as long you don't have it anymore.

1 person likes this

ROb shouldn't be allowed to call himself a DC or defensive anything. He is a group matador coordinator. . . .

I would have been surprised to see Rob Ryan get work again as an NFL DC if it weren't for his brother being the HC of the Bills. Now though, I mean, why do it? Teams have had enough evidence that Rob isn't worth hiring. It's like he's this shaggy, raggedy ass dog that gets adopted from the shelter, comes home, appears to be good until he starts shitting and pissing everywhere, gets returned, gets adopted again, rinse, repeat.

But hey, as long as he doesn't go to the Colts or Bears, I'm good. Of course, the Colts would need an actual defense you could coordinate first.