DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

7 hours ago, APO said:

I saw rumors that the Washington Football Team were looking at bringing him in as DC and giggled a bit.

They have been connected to every "name" DC around. The two prominent ones of course are Rex Ryan and Wade Phillips

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

They have been connected to every "name" DC around. The two prominent ones of course are Rex Ryan and Wade Phillips

Wade Phillips is about as good as a defensive coordinator as there has ever been, it will be a damn shame if the R's ruin him.

BREAKING: PETA To Investigate Pittsburgh Steelers Brutal Beating Of Dolphins

Well, this season ends for my boys.  I'm still disappointed we lost, but I wasn't expecting to win, honestly.  Very happy with how the season turned out.  They won the games they were supposed to win.  They finally put together a strong passing attack and a great front 7. They're going to need to find a DB in the draft, because as yesterday showed, a dude off the scrap heap just won't get it done against the Antonio Brown's of the world. And I'm assuming Vance Joseph is as good as gone.  Overall, I'm happy.  Now, let's build on this. 

• Like 1

On one hand, its dumb to imply it is related in any way. On the other hand, they really should have known that wouldn't go over well the week of the playoffs and be mentioned repeatedly if they didn't win, regardless of why they didn't win.

It will blow over quickly, by the weekend at the latest, but no one should be surprised by this development.

The Jaguars have also hired Tom Coughlin as an executive Vice President and are extending the contract of GM Dave Caldwell, according to a league source.

What exactly does an exec VP even do on a football team. A lot of Veeps are also GMs, so I'm not sure what he's going to be doing besides being in charge of hiring guys below him and overseeing the whole process without having actual input on the football stuff.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

What exactly does an exec VP even do on a football team. A lot of Veeps are also GMs, so I'm not sure what he's going to be doing besides being in charge of hiring guys below him and overseeing the whole process without having actual input on the football stuff.

Perhaps a sinecure?

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

The rumor is he's going to be the final say on all personnel matters. If true, look for the Jags to go heavy on linemen in the first round, draft skill positions rounds 2-3 and draft a backup QB to be the heir apparent to Bortles sometime on Day 3. Expect the Jags to spend all of their cap space and by 2020 be close to the cap limit for years 2021-2024. At which point everyone gets fired because the Jags will have continued to win 5 or less games. The Jags then hire whomever Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder tell him is a good hire and the franchise remains the worst in the NFL until Shad Khan dies or sells the team

• Like 1