DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Back to back ACL tears, Tom's going to tear them both this year running the ball for a TD in a preseason opener.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:20 AM, RIPPA said:

Cards will be signing Blaine Gabbert

Desperation is a terrible thing.  I wouldn't sign Gabbert to throw a pillow across a room. The lamp in the far corner would intercept him, unplug itself, and run into the kitchen for a Pick 6.

• Like 5

On 2/20/2017 at 6:53 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

And Branden Albert to the Jags for another late draft pick. 

Hey, so quick follow up to this.  Apparently Albert has not shown up to camp or workouts, nor has he spoken to any of his new coaches since the trade.  Jacksonville believes he's holding out.  

This is going well. 

Eddie Lacy made weight for his first mandatory weigh-in, barely, so he gets his bonus. The people chuckling at this act like losing weight is the easiest thing in the world, but as an athlete with strength and conditioning coaches and nutritionists, he has no one to blame but himself for not meeting them unless he suddenly found out he was diabetic or something. Unless he has an actual eating disorder. Wanting to eat tons of donuts because you don't care may not qualify.

• Like 1

Reports are coming out the the owners are going to approve the following changes

Overtime regular season OT reduced to 10 minutes (from the current 15)

Allow 2 players to return from IR

Not because of what happened in the SB since its happened in other playoff games too, but I wish for the playoffs they'd switch to something similar to college OT rules. I know why they won't for the regular season, their TV deals are so tight and they don't want the players to play for six hours, but it would be a nice change for the games that really matter. I doubt they ever will, but sometimes they surprise me.

But I have no issue with the decrease to 10 minutes for the regular season, I don't think ties are necessary a bad thing and they will still be really rare.

• Like 1