DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Elway seems to always come up aces. I have to figure they at least call Harbaugh.

I'm sanguine with the idea of Harbaugh jumping to LA or Denver if it happens. I don't want it to, but if

14 minutes ago, dogwelder said:
About re-signing Kirk...

It's not an easy choice. There's no clear cut upgrade out there unless they think Romo can stay healthy and hasn't regressed much in nearly two years of inactivity. 

But you don't want to overpay him and have him locked in long term if he's not the guy. 

Just know things will probably get worse before they get better if they let him walk.

The other thing to worry about is if both D-Jax and Garcon leave since they're both FAs.  That would pretty much leave the Skins WR corps as Jamison Crowder (good to great slot receiver, but that might be his limit), Ryan Grant (shows flashes but otherwise is thoroughly mediocre) and Josh Doctson (who couldn't even recover from a preseason Achilles injury).  I don't know how good Cousins would be with that WR group even if he still has Jordan Reed.  And then if OC Sean McVey leaves...

And I know all of that record isn't because of Cousins.  But I just can't imagine the Skins paying $24+ million for a QB on an average at best team when there are a ton of holes on the D and the OL.

1 hour ago, dogwelder said:

And I know all of that record isn't because of Cousins.  But I just can't imagine the Skins paying $24+ million for a QB on an average at best team when there are a ton of holes on the D and the OL.

It's DC, how could you not?

• Like 1

After seeing that I had a terrifying thought: the man who singlehandedly saved pro sports in Buffalo doesn't know how to run a pro sports team. Better than the Kansas City Sabres or Toronto Bills though.

Regarding the Colts, Pagano was reportedly on the hot seat earlier in the season so I wouldn't be shocked if he was fired. What they really need to do is fire off their GM into the sun.

And for a brief moment, I wondered why Chip Kelly would be one and done with the 49ers. And then I remembered who their owner is.

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

Regarding the Colts, Pagano was reportedly on the hot seat earlier in the season so I wouldn't be shocked if he was fired. What they really need to do is fire off their GM into the sun.

And for a brief moment, I wondered why Chip Kelly would be one and done with the 49ers. And then I remembered who their owner is.

Fun stat was circling locally about how the 49ers have now fired first year coaches in back to back seasons, which has only happened one other time in the entire history of the NFL.

The other time was also the San Francisco 49ers.

Really, though, look at this shit going down between Dick Nolan and Bill Walsh.  4 guys in 3 years, and one of them actually had a winning record. 

Seriously, three straight years of firing the coach is crazy. The only appeal the job has now is the money and "one of just 32." Nobody would choose it over a different NFL head job right now.

• Like 1