DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Under the former GM, I'm sure Cruz would find a job with the Colts as he continued to ignore every other position that isn't guys Luck can throw the ball to. Thankfully, that isn't the case anymore.

On 2/5/2017 at 1:12 AM, elizium said:

MORTEN ANDERSEN MOTHERFUCKERS!

I was sure they weren't going to put any other kickers in until Vinatieri retired.

As a loyal Saints fan do I take my buddy up on a trip to Canton for the "Great Dane"?  Brees won't go in for a while and he is the only Saint HOF worthy at the moment.

22 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Miami will be cutting Mario Williams, because he is old and expensive and sucks. 

Bills fans coulda told ya that 12 months ago. He really started going downhill in 2015, some thought it was just lack of interest but it felt like more than that.

The Fins also released Brandon Albert

What is slightly weird is that they want to bring him back but they didn't try and redo his deal before dumping him so who knows

That clock was ticking from the moment the Dolphins took BongMask in the draft. Credit to Albert for being a pro about the situation, hopefully he can be brought back, but at 32, his value is going to be somewhat limited. 

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Is there a reason that wasn't just one transaction?

Because Julius Thomas is apparently made of fine crystal and the Dolphins want to be able to: a) put RETURN TO SENDER if he doesn't pass today's physical with flying colors, b) re-structure his deal if and when he does, c) get rid of Albert, regardless of how the Thomas thing works out. 

• Like 1

Julius Thomas has passed his physical and is a Miami Dolphin.  Hopefully, he gives them a sorely needed red zone threat. JAX gets a 7 in this year's draft in return.

And speaking of physicals... Tyrod Taylor is likely going to be an ex-Bill soon. If he fails to pass a physical by 3/11, he is going to get a $27.5M injury guarantee.  Additionally, that day his cap number goes from $6.9M to $15.9M, plus nearly double that in bonuses, guarantees, and various other sundries. 

I'm guessing the Bills can convince a certain tobacco loving Chicagoan to play for them for less than $31M. 

16 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm guessing the Bills can convince a certain tobacco loving Chicagoan to play for them for less than $31M. 

Wait they're going to try and sign Obama???

• Like 2

I am curious what the market is for Robert Woods. I mean I know there will be one as he is a good possession receiver and a high-end run blocker, but he doesn't really get any buzz since he isn't a "highlights" guy and was the #2 WR in a run-first offense. I'd like if the Bills could keep him in that role, I am just assuming another team will pay him more than the Bills want to spend.