DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

And in the least shocking thing ever - the Skins are now shitting on Kirk Cousins

IT'S TOTALLY HIS FAULT THERE IS NO LONG TERM DEAL!!!!

And of course they have rube fans who are eating it up

• Like 2

Yeah everyone including Larry Michael the propaganda leader of the Skins has told him to stop calling him Kurt.  So of course in trying to explain the situation today he calls him Kurt.  He has probably done it a half dozen times.  So either Allen is a complete moron or a bitter fuck doing this on purpose.  Or the likely answer which is both

If I was Cousins, I'd play out this year and just retire. 40 mil in two years, even after taxes and agents and shit he made at least 10 million, plus whatever he made before. Buy a nice house somewhere in the woods and just chill the next 50 years.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Yeah everyone including Larry Michael the propaganda leader of the Skins has told him to stop calling him Kurt.  So of course in trying to explain the situation today he calls him Kurt.  He has probably done it a half dozen times.  So either Allen is a complete moron or a bitter fuck doing this on purpose.  Or the likely answer which is both

Kirk Not Kurt has been a favorite of mine for awhile.

I seem to remember an interview (and it might have been with Michael) where Allen tried to claim it was some inside joke he and Cousins had. (Which was quickly proven to be false)

2 hours ago, steve said:

It seems super random, the only thing I can think of is that Gettlemen had a bad falling out with Richardson and/or Rivera.

That or he's about to get arrested for something nasty.

I mean, yeah, I get why it could have happened (he's let some folks slip away recently that haven't needed to go), but WHY NOW is the big question.

8 hours ago, hammerva said:

Not gonna lie - something like that would cause me to not re-sign with a team.

Going back to Gettleman for a second

The prevailing train of thought is Gettleman basically was telling Thomas Davis to go fuck himself (like he has all the other vets) and that apparently was a bridge too far for Richardson

• Like 4

I have been very confused since Thomas Davis started saying he wanted an extension.  He's said before that this contract was going to be his last.  Besides Shaq Thompson has been behind him for the last two years so I'm guessing everybody thought he'd step in and start when TD retired.  That may be what happened with Gettleman but it seems like more than just that.

23 hours ago, Ryan said:

That's okay, Topher, we don't need your services. If you get what I did there, good on you, it's multi-layered!

To be fair, much like Kurt Cousings, I'm used to having my name mangled.  I once won a spelling bee in middle school.  Got a trophy with my name on it later.  They misspelled my first name.  My last name.  And the month of the contest ("MAYH", ftw!)

It is looking like the Panthers are going to bring back Marty Hurney as GM

The only hold up is how they get around the Rooney Rule

Richardson appears to be trying to hire him as "interim" GM and then immediately promote him to real GM (since the Rooney Rule says you are allowed to hire interim candidates without complying with the Rooney Rule)

So clearly that is raising eyebrows

17 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

http://deadspin.com/michael-vick-suggests-that-nfl-teams-are-put-off-by-col-1797018695 As a white guy I have no comment, but its out there. . .

It is just more deflection.  There is one reason a quarterback as good as Kaepernick is not in the NFL, and it isn't his hair, his play, or because he doesn't want to play.  Michael Vick went to prison for killing dogs, and was in the league as soon as he was eligible.  People went out of their way to make sure he was given a second chance.  Kaep committed no crimes, played fairly well, and was unanimously voted team MVP by his teammates, and no one wants to give him a chance.  It shows exactly how people feel about him, his cause, and black people in general.  

• Like 3

That's the only thing I don't like about the rule. Generally, I think its a good idea and I think it has helped. But if a team didn't plan to do any interviews and already knew who they wanted, what's the point of doing fake interviews.

Just now, Kevin Wilson said:

That's the only thing I don't like about the rule. Generally, I think its a good idea and I think it has helped. But if a team didn't plan to do any interviews and already knew who they wanted, what's the point of doing fake interviews.

This is tricky, because I agree doing sham interviews is insulting, but apparently Mike Tomlin only got the Steelers job, because of how much people liked him during his Rooney Rule interviews.  The rule works when teams are actually looking for worthy candidates, but too many teams have no intention of finding worthy black candidates.  They just want to interview someone, just so they can say they interviewed him.  Here is a secret about black coaches...every black coach who has ever been to a Super Bowl is either Tony Dungy, or someone who has worked for Tony Dungy (Who was coaching under Dennis Green before he got hired).  Turns out the black dude is the only dude who was looking to find quality black coaches.

• Like 1