DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Speaking of the Jets, they have informed Eric Decker that they will trade or release him by the end of the week.

As Matt Miller said on the Twitter machine, that team might not win two games this year. Even if you include all four preseason games.

On 6/5/2017 at 11:19 AM, RIPPA said:

Seahawks sign Austin Davis not Colin Kaepernick

Their logic - and I am not making this up - Davis is a true backup while they see Kaep as a starter they don't need

Rumor has it that there was concern that signing Kaepernick would divide the locker room against Wilson. Not through any fault of Kaepernick's but because a lot of the big names on the team (Bennett, Sherman, etc) supposedly do not like Wilson but respect Kaepernick. So should Wilson struggle or get hurt they're afraid of dividing the locker room. 

There's already dissension, what with the ESPN article a week or so ago. Seattle is walking a real thin line right now and Kaep might not be a good addition to that, however well he'd play. 

I have to give the Bills credit for going hard after Maclin like they should have, since they really need a WR2 (or WR1 when Sammy gets hurt again). It may not work but I can't get mad at them for not trying like I was expecting to.

If the Bill sign him, their offense being Tyrod/Watkins/Maclin/McCoy/Clay is pretty damn solid. There will be a new scheme which always is the wild card, but they should be able to put up some points.

On 6/7/2017 at 8:31 AM, Kevin Wilson said:

I have to give the Bills credit for going hard after Maclin like they should have, since they really need a WR2 (or WR1 when Sammy gets hurt again). It may not work but I can't get mad at them for not trying like I was expecting to.

If the Bill sign him, their offense being Tyrod/Watkins/Maclin/McCoy/Clay is pretty damn solid. There will be a new scheme which always is the wild card, but they should be able to put up some points.

They'll certainly have potential for a DEVASTATING Wildcat.

17 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I've said it once, and I'll say it again.  Not only is Colin Kaepernick better than any current Jets quarterback, he's most likely better than any Jets quarterback of my lifetime.  

Once John Mara said that absolute horseshit, I was done with the entire situation because all these owners think like that. At this point, I am not concerning myself with who is better than anyone. 

25 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Shitzy's better than Kapernick, for one. . . .

In what world is a quarterback who threw 6 interceptions in one game better than the one who threw 4 interceptions all season?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I've said it once, and I'll say it again.  Not only is Colin Kaepernick better than any current Jets quarterback, he's most likely better than any Jets quarterback of my lifetime.  

Chad Pennington pre-injury. Vinny Testaverde. First 11 games Brett Favre played for them. That's three easily in your lifespan that were better than Kaep. Ken O'Brien in the mid-to-late 80's was better too if you were alive then.  

• Like 1

Lots of Falcons related news - sorta

Both Michael Vick and Roddy White are officially retiring as Falcons

The Georgia Dome will be imploded on Nov 20

31 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Chad Pennington pre-injury. Vinny Testaverde. First 11 games Brett Favre played for them. That's three easily in your lifespan that were better than Kaep. Ken O'Brien in the mid-to-late 80's was better too if you were alive then.  

Pat Ryan was better

Kaep would pass O'Brien if he got the opportunity to play more

And there was/is zero chance a team ever owned by Woody Johnson would have signed Kaep so no matter how much sense it might make - it will never ever happen (especially since the Jets are in full on tank mode)

6 hours ago, Dewar said:

Pennington and Testaverde are the two who I think have the best arguments, but Testaverde was terrible for the majority of his Jets career and Chad Pennington's best isn't nearly as good as Kaep's best.  The back to back years Kaep had when they went to the Super Bowl and the NFC Championship were better than anything either Testaverde or Pennington did.  I'm not saying it is a 100% certainty that Kaep is better than any Jets quarterback of my lifetime, but it's not hard to make an argument for him over anybody they've had.  This came up in a conversation with my friend who is a 49ers fan, who is just fed up with Kep as a player.  He said Kaep is just shot, and isn't a starter, and I said that Kaep could probably start for 10 teams.  Then I started naming the teams, and when I got to the Jets it hit me, "I think Kaepernick is better than any Jets quarterback of my lifetime."  We went through all the quarterbacks, and couldn't find one who was definitively better.  There were a couple we could go back and forth on, but none that either of us could say for sure was better.  Vinny had one great season and 6-7 below average seasons.  Pennington is essentially the Alex Smith of hs era, and we saw how expendable Kaep made him.  O'Brien had a couple good seasons, Kaep had a couple great seasons.

I think those were the only two that he visited, and time is running a bit short. Assumption is that whichever team doesn't get Maclin will go after Decker. The Bills offer that was rumored seemed like a lowball offer but I assume the Ravens didn't offer big bucks either, so I'm interested to see what money he ends up getting.