DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Getting back to other stupid football related things

Spiking the ball over the goal posts is still banned as it is considered a prop and the potential of delaying the game (still looking at you Jimmy Graham)

Colin Kaepernick had a "long meeting" with the Seahawks yesterday.   Since he's objectively light years better than Jake Heaps and Trevone Boykin, I hope he gets signed. 

Sources are already saying that Kaep told Seattle that "he wants to be a Seahawk and he is quite happy to back up Russell Wilson"

Clearly they are lying

STARTER MONEY~!

Kaep saying now he is happy to be a backup doesn't mean in March that Kaep was telling teams he would be happy to be a backup. Since he was a starter in 2016 it would make sense he'd first try to find a place where he could compete for a starting job. But plans can change depending on what is being offered, I'm sure at this point he'd take just about any contract and act excited about it.

The New England Patriots have announced they will be sponsoring the 17th annual Gay Bowl. The national flag football tournament for LGBT players and their allies. 

This is the tournament I referee at for the last 5-6 years. I have mixed feelings about this. 

On 5/28/2017 at 2:40 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

The New England Patriots have announced they will be sponsoring the 17th annual Gay Bowl. The national flag football tournament for LGBT players and their allies. 

This is the tournament I referee at for the last 5-6 years. I have mixed feelings about this. 

As much as i want to rip on the Pats for anything, I can't in this situation.

Yet...

• Like 1

On 5/26/2017 at 1:23 PM, Travis Sheldon said:

No.

But oddly enough, Granny Shot is still legal.

I have finally come to the point in my life where I feel like Kevin Nash in WCW, where most of my references are at least 2-3 decades out of date.

And I have accepted that fact.

Granny Shot example...

Remember when Brent Barry won the Slam Dunk contest wearing his jacket the whole time? Those were the golden years.

A small percentage of white men CAN jump! Note: It's small regardless of ethnicity. The few black fellas I've met in the middle of nowhere up here probably can't even make a layup.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-24204-1389114434-24

• Like 1

More about Pita's injury

Pitta is undergoing tests to determine the severity of the injury, according to the team. The fear is that Pitta fractured and dislocated his hip for the third time in four years, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter. If so, his NFL career likely would be over.

Jesus, you'd think it would be over after the first time. That's a super severe injury if in the wrong spot and could kill you. I see hip replacement in his very near future.

Jeremy Maclin just cut, that's a pretty big money hit for the Chiefs. Someone will sign him and he'll tear it up or something.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Jeremy Maclin just cut, that's a pretty big money hit for the Chiefs. Someone will sign him and he'll tear it up or something.

Might get a phone call from Detroit... 

Seahawks sign Austin Davis not Colin Kaepernick

Their logic - and I am not making this up - Davis is a true backup while they see Kaep as a starter they don't need

• Like 1