DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

When he fumbles on his third snap of the preseason, is completely useless in his 9 handoffs a game(it's the Saints) for a few weeks and then tears his quad or something and proceeds to beat Drew Brees with a branch, all will become clear.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2017 at 11:38 AM, RIPPA said:

Dammit - I thought I had put that in the Draft thread.

Well I put this there too but Jabrill Peppers joins that "positive for diluted sample" club

Or, in the awkward/stupid lingo of the NFL, "dilute sample". 

15 hours ago, Ryan said:

When he fumbles on his third snap of the preseason, is completely useless in his 9 handoffs a game(it's the Saints) for a few weeks and then tears his quad or something and proceeds to beat Drew Brees with a branch, all will become clear.

As a Saints fan:

80b264a9126fa2fc52b61880c6f8fea4_dont-yo

On 4/25/2017 at 4:11 AM, Ryan said:

I would shell out the $$ for an NFL Network sub if they'd televise Peterson using a switch on Brees.

Who Dat, Drew? 

35 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

Bills fire GM Whaley

Pegulias are on a firing spree! Maybe the hack media can find a way to blame Eichel for this one too.

• Like 2

So after spending all offseason saying Blake Bortles job is not safe and they need competition to push him. The Jaguars decided to not bring in a QB this offseason, not draft a QB, not sign a UDFA QB and have now decided to pick up his fifth year option...

And in the least shocking news of the weekend...  Mike Glennon was asked to attend the Bears draft party over the weekend.  And (like his head coach(!)) didn't know the Bears were trading up to get his replacement.

He's... not thrilled with this. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-mike-glennon-bears-trust-campbell-spt-0501-20170430-column.html

• Like 1

I was coming here to mention that. I have seen some awful Bears drafts. This year's was maybe one of the worst in recent memory. Pace is beyond terrible at his job and he's making me miss Jerry Angelo. There was just so much about their draft that I hated, but trading up to get Trubisky is the dumbest thing ever. I should probably just give up on trying to figure this all out. They go out and get Glennon, a horrible fucking QB that throws the football like Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds throws a javelin, his legs move like they're detached from his upper body, and he just has shit for brains when he's on the field playing. And the Bears paid this alien looking asshole gobs of cash. Then they mortgage the future to reach for a QB that played only one season of football. 

Barring the rest of the NFC North sucking, the Bears have already punted on this upcoming season and probably have a good draft pick lined up for next year. Except that Pace is so bad at his job that you can't even trust him to use that pick properly.

On the flip side of the coin, I have zero complaints about the Colts draft and anything they did. The Colts have never frustrated me the way the Bears have. I actively wonder why I even follow the Bears.

Much of this came out when I was talking to my friend, who is a lifelong Bills fan. He basically told me, "now you know how it feels."

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Death From Above said:

One day after the draft sends a pretty interesting signal about how that went.

Word making the rounds is they were planning to fire the guy before the draft but didn't because they didn't want some other team to be able to pump him for info on their plans.

Yea it had nothing to do with this year's draft, they are selling it as he was a scout so they kept him until the end of the scouting season (the Draft). Which is kinda silly, but either way its generally known that this was coming sooner than later back in January.

Jay Cutler may be packing his cigarettes and going home.   

He's 'leaning towards' retirement.  He just auditioned for a role as an analyst with Fox Sports.