DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently the Competition committee is proposing shortening regular season OT to 10 minutes (from the current 15)

Why?

This league is so fucking stupid

You'd think the more optimal solution would be to get rid of Thursday Night Football, but this is the NFL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

I think the optimal solution is to contract the Detroit Lions and San Diego Chargers.

The Cleveland Browns are right there... And it's the Los Angeles Chargers because they like playing their games in front of dozens of people.

Between Brock Osweiler being traded to the Browns and Phillip Rivers playing in a soccer stadium...schadenfraude is in full effect.

Apparently Adrian Peterson is asking teams for $8 million in the first year of whatever deal he gets so teams are telling him "Yeah.. good luck with that"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently Adrian Peterson is asking teams for $8 million in the first year of whatever deal he gets so teams are telling him "Yeah.. good luck with that"

So glad that's not Minnesota's problem anymore.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

By all accounts - Owners will vote today on the Raiders relocation and that they have the votes to get approval to move to Las Vegas

Apparently there will be close to a BILLION dollars of taxpayer $$$ spent to build them a fucking stadium that will be used maybe 20 times a year. The fact that people aren't getting torches and marching to Vegas city hall with bad intentions is proof of just how diseased society is at this point.

• Like 2

They are officially the Las Vegas Raiders as the move was approved 31-1 with the Dolphins opposing for reasons

Okay - technically they are still playing in Oakland this year and maybe next year which will be super awkward

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/27/raiders-move-to-las-vegas-approved/

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

They are officially the Las Vegas Raiders as the move was approved 31-1 with the Dolphins opposing for reasons

Okay - technically they are still playing in Oakland this year and maybe next year which will be super awkward

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/27/raiders-move-to-las-vegas-approved/

I hope Oakland kicks them out of the building because it would be exactly what they fucking deserve.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Now THAT makes zero sense. Why the hell can't they play at Sam Boyd until their new place is ready?

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

Now THAT makes zero sense. Why the hell can't they play at Sam Boyd until their new place is ready?

From an ESPN article:

"The Raiders would presumably then have to find a place to play in 2019. Davis has all but ruled out using UNLV's current home, 35,500-seat Sam Boyd Stadium, about 9 miles southeast of campus, due to outdated locker rooms and the lack of a proper security border around the facility."

Full article here: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19016323/raiders-move-las-vegas-approved-31-1

1.9 billion dollar domed stadium to be shared with UNLV. I am wondering where they plan on playing in 2019.

Hey, novel fucking concept, if you think the university's locker rooms/security need upgrades... PAY FOR THEM YOURSELF.   

Oakland is microns away from telling you to fuck yourself now and forever and unless you want to play in Reno for the next 3 years, you'd better start making nice with the new community.  I sincerely doubt the 49ers/Cardinals/Ram-gers are going to share their field with you. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Hey, novel fucking concept, if you think the university's locker rooms/security need upgrades... PAY FOR THEM YOURSELF.   

Well, I doubt anyone is going pay for renovations for a place no one is going to be playing at in three years time. Moreover, a place that will probably be demolished if they can't find any use for it.

22 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Well, I doubt anyone is going pay for renovations for a place no one is going to be playing at in three years time. Moreover, a place that will probably be demolished if they can't find any use for it.

Price of doing business.  You're having a multi-billion dollar stadium handed to you and you don't have a place to go until it's ready... well shoot, let's set $50 million of it (less than 3%) on fire.  

Otherwise, tell me where else they go?  

Like I said, Oakland, SF, LA, and Phoenix are all almost assuredly going to laugh in his face if he asks to play there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Price of doing business.  You're having a multi-billion dollar stadium handed to you and you don't have a place to go until it's ready... well shoot, let's set $50 million of it (less than 3%) on fire.  

But if an owner doesn't have to do that, they won't do that. By 2019 or whenever, they're going to have a place to play. Anyone who doesn't believe that is insane. It's an NFL team and more importantly a legendary NFL franchise on the back half of rebuilding. They're not a bunch of snobby British aristocrats. They're a bunch of greedy dudes wanting a piece of the NFL pie.