DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

I remember the Flacco situation vividly since my brother is a Ravens fan. It was a lose/lose situation for the team, as mentioned he just had an epic historical personal run to get the Ravens a Superbowl win. He didn't deserve that much money, everyone knew it, but not re-signing him would have hurt their momentum and would have been blasted by fans. Teams will always overpay for QBs, at least Flacco did something to earn it first unlike the likes of Flynn, Osweiler, and Cassel.

What was a really bad idea was signing him to an extension last off-season. I completely get his fat contract after winning the Super Bowl, that's life. But they haven't drafted anyone the last few years to replace him, after 2017 they could have cut him with minimal dead money but now they will have him an extra year. Its not odd that he got the big money after his SB run, what's odd is the Ravens haven't really made an attempt to get his replacement so they keep over-paying for a now average QB. Its funny because since my brother is a Ravens fan and I am a Bills fan, he is annoyed how much cheaper it would have been for the Ravens to keep Tyrod two years ago and not have any dip in QB play. 

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Raiders sign Cordarrelle Patterson

The spirit of Al Davis lives on

Yeah, but that means if you have Patterson on the flank running 9s, either Crabtree or Cooper is going to be a nightmare to deal with in the slot. 

50 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

Seahawks sign Eddie Lacy.

BEEFY MOE

For far more than I bet the Packers or most teams would offer. 1 year, 5.5 million, 3 million guaranteed. They better hope he doesn't get hurt which happens a lot.

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

For far more than I bet the Packers or most teams would offer. 1 year, 5.5 million, 3 million guaranteed. They better hope he doesn't get hurt which happens a lot.

I mean if he does, it would be good to have Jamaal Charles as a backup because he's never hurt.

• Like 1

We won't draft any linemen or running backs and just try running Ty and some free agents behind our make-shift line again all year as Rodgers runs for his life. It worked last year!

Well, it's not like he can do anything to stay in shape at the moment, he's been laid up with ankle surgery for months and just started running again. It's not like his calories were going anywhere else in the mean time. Man's gotta eat his 5000 calories a day.

8 hours ago, Josh Mann said:

Yeah, but that means if you have Patterson on the flank running 9s, either Crabtree or Cooper is going to be a nightmare to deal with in the slot. 

Which, four years into his NFL career, is the one route that Patterson can actually run.

Hell of a return guy, though. . .gonna miss that.

Apparently Jamal Charles' scheduled visit with the Seahawkd is still gonna happen, leading some around here to speculate that Lacy was signed to play Guard. Cuz you know... [scott steiner] HE'S FAT [/scott steiner]

On 3/13/2017 at 1:22 PM, Brian Fowler said:

That's basically how Denver won the title the year before.

I mean, yes, they had a living legend at QB, but he was beyond washed up.

Worst quarterback to ever win a Super Bowl. 9 TDs, 17 INTs. Only Bart Starr can match that. 

On 3/13/2017 at 6:08 PM, Raziel403 said:

Yeah, I made some typos, but that's what I was getting at.  Your want a reason that, say, the Colts suck?  A good reason is that they've made Luck the highest paid QB is the League and had to get their O-line at Dollar General.

Just look at Seattle. Not a coincidence they stopped being elite when they paid Russell Wilson $88m and his offensive line 50 cents. 

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Latavius Murray signed with the Vikings

Will switch from #28 out of "respect for Adrian Peterson"

Haha. You said "switch"

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Las Vegas Raiders are trying to work out a trade for Marshawn Lynch. 

Yes, the one that retired a year ago. 

Is it wrong that I think it's funny that the Raiders would rather attempt to coax Lynch out of retirement than sign Adrian Peterson?

I mean, I'm going to think that anyway. . .I'm just wondering.