DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

And Kirk Cousins was franchised again.   So either he is traded away this season or a lame duck QB who is leaving the next year.  

So for all those that remember the "well this looks bad if Kirk has a good season" argument last year, imagine it now where you know he is leaving

Just to expand further on what hammer mentioned - it is the exclusive tag so he can't look for other deals.

The Skins can still trade him but he can't go looking for the deal

Meanwhile - all my britches are going off my balcony

There is a zero percent chance they are coming to a long term deal because DC wants Cousins to agree to a deal well below market value

Pretty much the only one sold on KC in the organization is Jay Gruden. The rest thing they can just plug in Colt McCoy and be just as good

God Bless you crazy ass racist named football team

DC is telling clubs that they need to be "blown away by a package full of draft picks" for Cousins

The same QB that everyone knows they don't feel deserves a market value contract

I need to fully wake up first to fully explain the dumpster fire that is the Skins front office right now

Long story short - Skins GM Scot Mcloughin was sent home from the team on Feb 20 and will not be attending the draft

It's gonna be so hard to put on pants this morning

Here is the problem with Kirk Cousins if you are a GM.  Cousins is not a very good quarterback...but he's better than anyone else available by a decent margin.  Cousins has put up numbers that will demand a high price, but we all realize that he's probably not worth that price...except who else you going to get?  A big part of his success is that his offensive weapons are really good...but if they pay him they can't pay them.  Will he still be good if Desean Jackson isn't taking the top off the defense?  What if Jordan Reed gets another concussion?  Isn't Pierre Garcon a free agent too?  Is he going to be any good throwing the ball to Jamison Crowder and Josh Doctson?  Cousins has all of the leverage, because he has numbers that he can point at that will demand a high price and there are no other options.

Well they do have a GM.  Unfortunately it is "winning off the field" Bruce Allen from the looks of it

Dak Prescott might have been the worst thing that ever happened to the Skins because now too many people that they can just plug in a rookie QB and voila a great season. I wish I had a dollar for every "well you know Tom Brady was a 6th rounder"

I forget who now, but someone on ESPN was saying yesterday that the 49ers should go after Kirk because Kyle Shannannanananananahan could make Kirk into the next Matt Ryan or something.

And then I laughed my fuckin' ass off.

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I forget who now, but someone on ESPN was saying yesterday that the 49ers should go after Kirk because Kyle Shannannanananananahan could make Kirk into the next Matt Ryan or something.

And then I laughed my fuckin' ass off.

Matt Ryan is not out of the question for Kirk Cousins...but you better sign Julio Jones, Mohammed Sanu, Taylor Gabriel, Devonte Freeman, and Tevin Coleman.  Matt Ryan isn't a special quarterback, his supporting cast is phenomenal.  Ryan is better when plays break down, but he isn't exactly Aaron Rodgers.

24 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I think it was more the notion that all of a sudden Kyle Shanahan is something special that I thought was funny.

People who watch the All-22 think he's special.  It helps that he had the players I named above, but a lot of people in the know love his play design.  The issue both him and Kirk would have in San Francisco is that the cupboard is bare as far as offensive talent goes.  Cian Fahey who watches every single play for every single team actually claims that Kaepernick well above average last year, but we'd never know because every other offensive player was well below average.  That team has huge holes and Shanahan got hired because he was coaching an overwhelmingly talented offense.  He could fail miserably, but still be great at his job, a football team is only as good as the players.

r186701_1296x729_16-9.jpg

New Rams home uniforms.

But they already announced that they are completely revamping their uniforms in 2019 to go with the opening of the new stadium

My nearly hometown newspaper getting national attention for one of the writers saying really fucking stupid shit about AP's child abuse and writing it off as learned behaviour cause he might be descended from slaves. Good work, whitey.