DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

8 hours ago, BL88 said:

FUCK OUTTA HERE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EDIT: after talking to my older brother about it, here is my dream scenario.

Chargers announce they move tomorrow
Phillip Rivers announces retirement within the next week
Telesco introduces new HC Mike Smith
Chargers fail to get Deshaun Watson in the draft.

I'm interested in delving deeper into this, since your feelings on San Diego itself are no secret, and this move seems to have been predicated by the people of San Diego telling Spanos to fuck off with his stadium demands.

Wouldn't you actually side with the Chargers for leaving?

37 minutes ago, Super Ape said:

I'm interested in delving deeper into this, since your feelings on San Diego itself are no secret, and this move seems to have been predicated by the people of San Diego telling Spanos to fuck off with his stadium demands.

Wouldn't you actually side with the Chargers for leaving?

I thought about using my words to explain why it's not good enough to me that they're only gone, but I think the best summary for my position is

CRUSH+YA+ENEMIES.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Watson won't be hard to get, his pro prospects really aren't that great.

Fun fact: Ratings for Fox NFL Sunday were actually DOWN in the Los Angeles market in 2016. Which, I know, the NFL had a downturn in ratings in general, especially in the first half of the season, but seriously, less people tuned in to see what is ostensibly L.A.'s team than did last year when there was no local team.

Move all the teams to L.A.

Kill The League.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Everything about that screams "the other team", "knockoff", and "jabroni."

To steal the line I'm already hearing make the rounds, it looks like a knockoff Dodgers logo you'd use in a film/video game where you didn't get the rights to use the MLB license.

Now where'd I put that NWO B-Team them youtube link?

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Everything about that screams "the other team", "knockoff", and "jabroni."

To steal the line I'm already hearing make the rounds, it looks like a knockoff Dodgers logo you'd use in a film/video game where you didn't get the rights to use the MLB license.

Now where'd I put that NWO B-Team them youtube link?

First thing I thought of too. Its so similiar I 'm surprised the Dodgers wouldn't sue them over it. . .Here is the original LA Chargers logo

Image result for original los angeles chargers logo

Isn't it a thousand times better?

• Like 1

That is such a bush league looking logo, I feel like it's something that a little league team would have used in the 90's.

I will enjoy watching the NFL's hubris slowly knock themselves off their pedestal. I mean they have to realize their bubble will burst sometime right?

You could make a better logo with the freeware version of MS Paint.

I am considering even doing that myself if I get bored later on tonight just to prove the point.

I encourage the rest of you to do the same and maybe we can even get a photo battle thread out of it.

"Make better LA Chargers logos using only MS Paint"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BL88 said:

I thought about using my words to explain why it's not good enough to me that they're only gone, but I think the best summary for my position is

CRUSH+YA+ENEMIES.jpg

From what I'm reading though, no one in San Diego seems to be lamenting this; they stopped caring a long time ago, if the stadium vote is any indication.

47 minutes ago, Sublime said:

That is such a bush league looking logo, I feel like it's something that a little league team would have used in the 90's.

I will enjoy watching the NFL's hubris slowly knock themselves off their pedestal. I mean they have to realize their bubble will burst sometime right?

With how TV ratings are dropping for the games now, you could argue it's already starting.

Yes I think we are seeing the symptoms of it already but it will be interesting to watch how long it takes. Will it be very gradual and go for a decade or more or will it be quicker. I think if a work stoppage, either strike or lockout, happens it will expedite things a lot.

But I hope Goodell tries to push the 18 game schedule again since its obvious the fans want more games and more coverage.

• Like 1

On a serious note, this move is probably the worst in modern major sports history. Generally a team moves to a new city for more money and has fans in that city excited to see them arrive. LA gives even less of a shit about the Chargers than SD does. From what I can tell they literally don't care, we saw in the 90s that LA isn't great at supporting local teams, its just a really bad idea.

I am surprised that the NFL didn't do more to try to block it as I am sure they have some measures in place, but I guess not enough. In no way does this benefit the NFL or NFL fans, its a lose-lose situation for all involved.

Oh Jesus, Allah, and Buddha,  please make it so Hard Knocks covers the Chargers next year. 

Philip Rivers having to do televised charity work in West Hollywood would make me happy forever.