DVDVR Message Board

2017 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

WCBS: Giants Allegedly Trashed Airplane On Way Home from Green Bay

Mark Kropf, of Brooklyn, told the New York Post that he was waiting at Newark Liberty Airport for his London-bound flight when the pilot asked for the passengers’ patience and “shared where the plane came from and that the plane needed extra help repairing and cleaning the interior.”

Kropf said a gate agent told passengers the Giants destroyed the business class cabin and that he saw workers carrying countless seat cushions off the plane.

Apologies if this turns out to be on another thread I hate. :P

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

WCBS: Giants Allegedly Trashed Airplane On Way Home from Green Bay

Apologies if this turns out to be on another thread I hate. :P

I know this probably sounds crazy coming from a 35-year-old on a wrestling message board, but I hate adults who behave like children.  How do you have so little control over your emotions that you would destroy something because you lost a game?  I get it, it sucks, but act like you have some fucking dignity.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I know this probably sounds crazy coming from a 35-year-old on a wrestling message board, but I hate adults who behave like children.  How do you have so little control over your emotions that you would destroy something because you lost a game?  I get it, it sucks, but act like you have some fucking dignity.

Truth.

I remember as a lad getting the bitching out of my life from my coach when I tossed my warm ups after losing a match in High School.  I doubt some of these players ever had similar treatment in their lives.

Just now, Raziel403 said:

I remember as a lad getting the bitching out of my life from my coach when I tossed my warm ups after losing a match in High School.  I doubt some of these players ever had similar treatment in their lives.

I find it very hard to believe that they've been playing football this long without someone bitching them out for acting like a child.  At some point it isn't about how you were raised, coached, or anything else.  I couldn't behave like that, because of how I'd feel about myself after behaving like that is much worse than I feel about the loss.

Chargers owner Dean Spanos has until Monday to excerise the option to move the Chargers to LA. This is part of the deal from last year that moved the Rams. If he chooses to go - the Chargers are gone. No further approval is necessary.

The NFL owners are now trying to talk Spanos into staying (since the Rams are already a disaster in LA)

18 owners are also meeting today to figure out what the fuck is going on with the Raiders

Jason La Canfora's story

Deadspin's story recapping La Canfora's story

Also - the Rams are interview Skins OC Sean McVay for the 2nd time today and folks are saying his is the leader to get their HC job.

If he does get hired - he will become the youngest HC in NFL history (he is 30, Lane Kiffin was 31 when hired)

And ESPN is saying that Denver is close to hiring Vance Joseph (Fins DC) to be HC

Joseph was supposed to interview with San Diego but cancelled that trip and stayed to meet with the Broncos for an extra day

31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And ESPN is saying that Denver is close to hiring Vance Joseph (Fins DC) to be HC

Joseph was supposed to interview with San Diego but cancelled that trip and stayed to meet with the Broncos for an extra day

Adam Schefter says it is a done deal

It's a wait and see thing for me. He did a decent job for the Dolphins, but nothing to make me excited to have him be HC.

The last time they hired a charismatic young coordinator with no head coaching experience... Didn't work out so well.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Fuck.  

ORuM41r.gif

Supposedly the LB coach Matt Burke is the favorite to replace him.  Because if you can make Kiko Alonso into a Pro Bowler, you deserve a promotion, apparently. 

4 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I'm fine with Sean McDermott for the Bills. I admittedly don't know much about him aside from what I just read but he seems as good as anyone else available, especially if he gets a good 'team' of coaches around him.

I'm just glad it wasn't Anthony Lynn. He did a servicable job as OC, but he doesn't seem ready to be a HC. . . .

I've said this before, but the only chance the Chargers will have in LA is a complete brand change.  New name/colors/everything.  No one in San Diego is going to come up for a game after being left and Orange County/Los Angeles gives less than zero fucks about the Chargers.  This is going to be so bad.  

• Like 2

Watson won't be hard to get, his pro prospects really aren't that great.

Fun fact: Ratings for Fox NFL Sunday were actually DOWN in the Los Angeles market in 2016. Which, I know, the NFL had a downturn in ratings in general, especially in the first half of the season, but seriously, less people tuned in to see what is ostensibly L.A.'s team than did last year when there was no local team.