DVDVR Message Board

2017 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

JLSigman

• RIPPA pinned this topic

It's funny - breaking the Destiny addiction was the best thing that happened to me in the year.

In 2015 - I basically played one game.

In 2016 - I beat (at least off the top of my head)

• Fallout 4
  • Wolf Among Us
  • Arkham Knight
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition (Well all the DLC - the main story was like 14 or 15)
  • Borderlands Pre-Sequel
  • Tales From Borderlands
  • Lego Star Wars: Force Awakens
  • And then there is the stuff that doesn't really have an "end"
  • Borderlands
  • Rock Band 4
  • WWE 2K16
  • Super Mega Baseball

Plus - I have all the stuff remastered for the one that I bought again

• Skyrim
  • Grand Theft Auto 5
  • Red Dead Redemption

Also there are the shitty games I hated so I refused to finish

• Mirror's Edge Catalyst
  • Sunset Overdrive 

Now - it is a good thing I got all that in 2016 since once Andromeda hits in 2017 all bets are off

I think the only things I beat (at least as much as you can beat a Bethesda game) were Skyrim on the 360 and Fallout 4 on the one.  At least I completed the main storyline on both of em.  I'll probably only end up getting, or at least spending significant time on, two games in 2017 - Andromeda and the next Red Dead, assuming the latter really does come out this year.  Other than that it'll probably be more GTA5 and Fallout 4.

My pile of shame includes Witcher III, Grand Theft Auto V, and now Final Fantasy XV. I grabbed GTA and FF when they were both on sale for $35 on Amazon Prime.

Of course, since we're moving in mid-January, I'm not going to have time to do a hell of a lot with any of them before Mass Effect: Andromeda comes out in March. (It is still March, right?)

I wondered why my Rarest Trophies list was being taken over by GTA 5 ones. It's because they get rarer the more new people play the game and don't earn them.

32 minutes ago, AxB said:

I wondered why my Rarest Trophies list was being taken over by GTA 5 ones. It's because they get rarer the more new people play the game and don't earn them.

Yeah - same thing is happening to me in Skyrim.

All the ones that involve simple crafting, etc.. I am getting and I am like "How???"

Then I realized it is just people who play a little bit and then never go back to the game.

I have shamefully let Battlefield 1 sit idle while getting sucked into wwe2k17. Ihad been borrowing it from the library, but bought it while on sale this week.

Getting the itch to segue from my career into the booking sim. 

I've been playing Star Trek Online again lately, after binging with the wife on DS9 (fucking loved it - never watched it before).  Already got my main character (human engineer) up to max level 60 (thank you, double XP month).  Next up, a Klingon!

All my ships are named after cities/towns/etc in Washington state, except my big ship, the USS Washington.  ZIP codes for NCC registry numbers.  It's fun.

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Steam released its Top 100 sellers for 2016 (which is apparently the first time they ever released a list like this)

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/2016_top_sellers/

Yeah - and you can see why Rockstar is in no rush for GTA VI

I actually have like, 11 of those games (not all on Steam).

I really need to go back to my PS3 and beat some of that stuff (like Deus Ex) instead of replaying MGS3-4.

37 minutes ago, J.T. said:

My XB1 came with Gears of War 4, so I feel obligated to beat Gears of War 3.

I am total shit when it comes to finding the collectables.

If only you had gotten the Battlefield 1 version ... 

Finished the Resident Evil Remake over the holidays - took me a while to get into the swing off it (old controls, having to manually save, constantly running back and forth and juggling my inventory) but once I did I started to enjoy it a lot. Still fun and fresh and isn't as dated as you'd think. Plus there were a ton of extras and new bits to keep you on your toes (a Nemesis-esque test patient you keep running into who is invincible, zombies coming back to life as double-hard clawed things).

Picked up Hitman in the sale thanks to you guys saying it was great episodic gaming along with Dear Esther and Resi 4 (for nostalgia sake mainly, despite it being my fave game of all time I did resent buying it AGAIN as I've owned it on PS2 and PS3)

18 hours ago, odessasteps said:

If only you had gotten the Battlefield 1 version ... 

Yeah, but it was not my call.  I'm just thankful my common law wife thought well of me to get me the console and not "buy" a present for me that was really for the house.

MERRY CHRISTMAS~!  I GOT YOU THESE HEAVY DUTY SHELVES, BABY~!  AREN'T THEY NICE~?  NOW YOU HAVE SOMEPLACE TO STACK YOUR BOXES OF BOOKS AND DVDS~!  NOW GO TO THE GARAGE AND PUT THEM TOGETHER~!!!

2 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I'd say "She could've gotten you socks" but I'm already at the "FUCK YEAH SOCKS" part of my life.

I think a man becomes an adult when his mom stops buy him underwear, and he is sad about it.  You get a job as a teenager and buy shoes, clothes, and all types of other shit, but one day you realize I need underwear and I'm the one who has to buy them.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I'd say "She could've gotten you socks" but I'm already at the "FUCK YEAH SOCKS" part of my life.

There are things worse than the FUCK YEAH SOCKS part of your life.

My ex-wife's parents gave me the obligatory thermal undershirt that was on sale at WalMart for Christmas. 

• Like 1