DVDVR Message Board

NXT JANUARY 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Why should a 36 year old Nakamura with a tonne of mileage bust his ass in a developmental territory when he's probably got not that many bumps left in him? Consistency and effort at the smaller shows has always been an issue with him, but adding the fact that he's likely saving his best for when it actually matters is fine with me. At this point, his NXT stint is about adapting to the style, language and getting his shit over. I think he's doing fine.

I've seen the "Nakamura is lazy" talking point a lot lately, and I don't get it.  Yeah, you can make an argument that he hasn't been very creative lately, but I've watched enough mid to late 90s WCW to know what a lazy wrestler looks like, and Nak ain't it.  Granted, he makes sure to get his shit in during every match, but that is the same as literally everyone employed by the WWE.  That doesn't make him lazy, that's just how the WWE style works.  Even Daniel Bryan got all his shit in during his matches. And yeah, his selling can be a little inconsistent at times.  He's a Japanese wrestler.  It is what it is.  You think anyone at the PC is trying to tell him the proper way to sell?  Hell naw.

On 1/28/2017 at 6:52 PM, mattdangerously said:

I've seen the "Nakamura is lazy" talking point a lot lately, and I don't get it.  Yeah, you can make an argument that he hasn't been very creative lately, but I've watched enough mid to late 90s WCW to know what a lazy wrestler looks like, and Nak ain't it.  Granted, he makes sure to get his shit in during every match, but that is the same as literally everyone employed by the WWE.  That doesn't make him lazy, that's just how the WWE style works.  Even Daniel Bryan got all his shit in during his matches. And yeah, his selling can be a little inconsistent at times.  He's a Japanese wrestler.  It is what it is.  You think anyone at the PC is trying to tell him the proper way to sell?  Hell naw.

You're never too old to learn new tricks. 

Nak spending some time with Steamboat wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

However, Steamboat vs Muta is one boring match.

5 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

You're never too old to learn new tricks. 

I agree, but my point is that I doubt anyone at the PC is going to try to coach someone with Nakamura's credentials.  They may tell him how the company likes things, but I doubt Bloom is bringing him in the ring to teach him how to sell legwork.

Tempted to try to get tix to the NXT: Toledo show as I missed out when they came to Detroit last year, but not sure that the current roster is one to spend the time/money on, especially with not knowing who will be on the roster in two months.

I spent $55 on the Asbury Park 2/10 show and didn't think twice about it. That's about what I spent for last year's Asbury show.

Even if Joe and Nakamura are called up, I'm still excited about it. I will definitely be taking part in the Glorious sing-a-long.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic