DVDVR Message Board

NXT JANUARY 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

9 hours ago, w. josh said:

Given Cutler's resemblance to Ron Perlman and the fact that his last gimmick was "smarmy biker," maybe his thing could just be to cycle through Perlman roles. Hellboy vs. The Drifter would surely put asses in seats. 

Fuck that... HANNIBAL CHAU!

• Like 1

Soooo...Do they cancel the Aleister Black merch and roll with Tommy End instead now? Or was bringing him out as Tommy End on the UK show mainly just to avoid fans shitting on a familiar face being given a new name?

I know there's concern for the "TOMMY! TOMMY! TOMMY FOOKIN END!" chants, but how many people chant "KILL OWE..." oh, eww, but you get the picture.

Also, how does that work contract wise? I'm guessing they just had a verbal agreement to let him come out as Tommy End with giving him the reassurance that it wouldn't mean they had a claim to that name?

20 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Soooo...Do they cancel the Aleister Black merch and roll with Tommy End instead now? Or was bringing him out as Tommy End on the UK show mainly just to avoid fans shitting on a familiar face being given a new name?

Definitely the latter

They could get away with it since he hasn't been on TV yet. The only people who technically know about his new name are either on Twitter or at the Florida House Shows

18 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I know there's concern for the "TOMMY! TOMMY! TOMMY FOOKIN END!" chants, but how many people chant "KILL OWE..." oh, eww, but you get the picture.

Also, how does that work contract wise? I'm guessing they just had a verbal agreement to let him come out as Tommy End with giving him the reassurance that it wouldn't mean they had a claim to that name?

He's still Aleister Black on Twitter, so this was probably just a one-time pre-debut thing. They probably did it, because they knew it would get a pop as soon as his name appeared on screen. I don't know.

The last part, it probably works out the same as it did with AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Eric Young etc. I don't think they bought the rights to any of those names.

If they do it as a legit twitter vote - Bayley is winning and I think that comes off really awkward.

Its also sad that they could only come up with Asuka, Bayley and Nia Jax for nominees. Shows how ill prepared they were for the callups

43 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Definitely the latter

They could get away with it since he hasn't been on TV yet. The only people who technically know about his new name are either on Twitter or at the Florida House Shows

Yeah, I figured. I do hope he keeps the same music or maybe something similar. There's such a sinister feeling to it.

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Speaking of music, I hope whatever they played when Hero did his confrontation with Nakamura was just some placeholder theme.  Because "Chris is Awesome" >>>> (infinity)>>>>> generic guitar-based cock rock

Chris is Awesome should always be followed by Larry Sweeney's laugh. Kinda like how Derek Jeter used a recording of Bob Sheppard's introduction after Sheppard retired, and later passed away.

• Like 2

I just wanna be sure, because I KNOW I heard it but haven't seen anybody else mention it anywhere.....but did NOBODY else catch Michael Cole spoil the fact that Kassius Ohno is back in NXT during the UK Tournament? I can't remember who was coming out to the ring, but it was during somebody's entrance where Cole mentioned that this guy was trained by so-and-so and so-and-so and also Kassius Ohno, whom you now can catch Wednesday nights back in NXT. Now, I know it's pretty common knowledge online that KO has returned to NXT, but he hasn't on TV yet and that's what matters. I just thought it strange that I haven't seen anybody else mention that yet.