DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2017 WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

3 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Whats this from? I didn't know he did a WAR tour. Also, why?

March 95

The match is from the WAR Jr Heavyweight Title tourney

It was when the WWF and Tenryu were on good terms again as also on that card was Tenryu vs Yokozuna

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I love that he just threw him on that Irish whip and turned away, like doing so would eliminate him completely from the picture.  Must've lost aggro or something.

That's 90% of every Battle Royal.  One guy throws another guy over the top rope and just turns away so the other guy can hang on and get back in the ring.

8 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I love that he just threw him on that Irish whip and turned away, like doing so would eliminate him completely from the picture.  Must've lost aggro or something.

There were no ring ropes so he was expecting him to just keep running until he came back around the Earth so he turned to meet him

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

I'm sure it was planned and they want Shibata to wrestle the way he does because of the whole allusions to Inoki strong style bring the fight crap. Too bad he got his ass kicked for a bunch of years in MMA.

12 hours ago, EricR said:

I've yet to see anyone who "got" wrestling less than David Flair. 

In-ring, yeah, but I did enjoy his crazy gimmick, especially when paired with Daffney and Crowbar.  In that sense, David "got" wrestling better than a number of his compatriots in WCW.

Also, he did a great job getting the shit kicked out of him by Undertaker in that one segment.  Taker apparently praised David the next time he talked to Ric, according to Flair's book.

"...you got a SISTER, dontcha?"