DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

7 hours ago, Hoarr said:

Anybody know for certain which magazine FlairChops is asking about? I'd looking to buy it on eBay just to scan in this contest page, I can say with 90% certainty that it's not a WCW Wrestling Wrap-Up.

It was definitely an Apter mag, it might have even been Sports Review Wrestling.  Sting wore the winning design at Bash '89, so I can at least narrow it down to the end of 88-early 89 (since those mags were always published WAY ahead of the cover date.)

6 hours ago, Brysynner said:

So Heyman manipulates Brock who manipulates Vince. Paul E. really is a mad genius

I think its more of Heyman, as a man well versed in wrestling politics, shares his information freely, with a guy he could just see the talent in...and make good money from.

Again, if you read the man's book, yeah, maybe he could have been a heart surgeon. Look at the guy - thats a man with a helluva drive. He knows how to put in work, he cant jam a needle in his ass to be a better doctor, but he clearly has a work ethic beyond most people and if applied to anything, success would have likely folllowed. Would have made a great Duke Nukem, or insert comic book role.

When Brock Lesnar wontheNCAA tournament in 2000, everyone assumed he was going to the WWF (as was) because he looked so much like what people thought a WWF Wrestler looked like. But at that time, he was also being courted by WCW and NJPW. So if he never went to the WWF, he'd have gone to the WWE a few years later anyway.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic