DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Did Linda have anything to actually do with the WWEs success? I know she wrote press crap and made meatballs for investors, but, like her daughter, is there any direct correlation between something she did and success for the WWF?

33 minutes ago, DTTW said:

Did Linda have anything to actually do with the WWEs success? I know she wrote press crap and made meatballs for investors, but, like her daughter, is there any direct correlation between something she did and success for the WWF?

Tipped off Dr. Zahorian to destroy evidence?  

• Like 7

11 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

The Goldberg/Raven match where GB won the US title is one of my favorite matches ever. I don't think the whole deal lasted more than 8 or 9 minutes from entrances to the end but it was absurdly entertaining. Raven laying the belt down and challenging GB to come get it, going toe to toe with him for a bit and using Raven's Rules to his advantage, GB finally overpowering Raven and then the well choreographed Flock run-in, the jackhammer on Reese, fans throwing Raven back in for the finish. Great stuff all around.

Hadn't seen that one in a while. Much fun.

• Like 4

I was SUPER pissed after Goldberg won. Raven had JUST won the damn belt. At 12, I unleashed a string of profanity that'd make Shane Douglas cringe. So bad in fact, my friend's mom wouldn't let me watch wrestling there anymore.

Good times. 

In all honesty, this has to be Goldberg's (in my opinion) best match, right? I know the DDP match was good, but this was great. I'll attribute 100% of it to Raven, obviously, but it was a great title change where nothing shitty happened. 

• Like 6

Watching that again put a big smile on my face. Raven stepped up and took it right to Goldberg, which was very un-Raven of him. Also, Goldberg's sick rolling ankle lock.

Incidentally Roy Wood Jr. just imitating Macho Man reading a Trump tweet on the Daily Show also put a big smile on my face

10 hours ago, DTTW said:

Wiki says she was heavily involved in a lot of the merchandising deals they had and was the primary negotiator for their deal with Viacom in 2000.

• Like 2

Oh my goodness. Ric Flair is Ashley Schafer now. Woo.

Has anyone ever asked Ric if he knew about or saw those episodes of Eastbound and Down? Woo.

Now I want Will Ferrell and Ric Flair to shoot a scene together.

I was conducting a lesson on Much Ado About Nothing and kept referring to Friar Francis as Friar Ferguson.

I can't tell whether this amuses or depresses me. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Someone has to be REALLY bored if they wound up writing a three-page list describing all the Lodi signs. That's just ridiculous.

Is there a similar page with all of Daffney's t-shirts during the David Flair/Crowbar era?