DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

If she gets confirmed, Linda will become 'legit'.  That may even extend to Stephanie and 'Paul'.  It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Vince never shakes the "carny" label regardless of how much money the company makes or what government positions the McMahon family holds.

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

FYI, Backlash '01 wasn't Austin vs Taker. It was the Brothers of Destruction vs Two Man Power Trip for the WWF, IC, and tag titles.

And it now occurs to me that if KO makes past Sunday as the Universal champ, I'd love to see that idea reprised with JeriKO vs Cesaro and Sheamus. 

Ah, that's right! I was mixing up the headline matches from the May PPV. Also, I didn't know until this moment how badly I want to see this tag feud. 

snip

Does the Senator in question being a former college football player make this scene more surreal, or less? 

Edited by RIPPA
Quote box breaking things

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Hey, look what I found!

Chop - Irish whip - shoulderblock - powerbomb - pin, just like it should be. Vincent holding up the IWGP title is surreal.

Its a wonder he hasnt got a replica to charge people 50 bucks a picture with

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ace said:

It's entirely wrestling media. Triple H does 'em before every Takeover, usually. It's been a running joke that Mike Johnson is usually the first to ask a question.

I swear some wrestling guy wrote a rant about being on hold for over an hour for one of those things and then they skipped over him because he was a wrestling guy.

Did Linda have anything to actually do with the WWEs success? I know she wrote press crap and made meatballs for investors, but, like her daughter, is there any direct correlation between something she did and success for the WWF?

33 minutes ago, DTTW said:

Did Linda have anything to actually do with the WWEs success? I know she wrote press crap and made meatballs for investors, but, like her daughter, is there any direct correlation between something she did and success for the WWF?

Tipped off Dr. Zahorian to destroy evidence?  

• Like 7

11 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

The Goldberg/Raven match where GB won the US title is one of my favorite matches ever. I don't think the whole deal lasted more than 8 or 9 minutes from entrances to the end but it was absurdly entertaining. Raven laying the belt down and challenging GB to come get it, going toe to toe with him for a bit and using Raven's Rules to his advantage, GB finally overpowering Raven and then the well choreographed Flock run-in, the jackhammer on Reese, fans throwing Raven back in for the finish. Great stuff all around.

Hadn't seen that one in a while. Much fun.

• Like 4

I was SUPER pissed after Goldberg won. Raven had JUST won the damn belt. At 12, I unleashed a string of profanity that'd make Shane Douglas cringe. So bad in fact, my friend's mom wouldn't let me watch wrestling there anymore.

Good times. 

In all honesty, this has to be Goldberg's (in my opinion) best match, right? I know the DDP match was good, but this was great. I'll attribute 100% of it to Raven, obviously, but it was a great title change where nothing shitty happened. 

• Like 6

Watching that again put a big smile on my face. Raven stepped up and took it right to Goldberg, which was very un-Raven of him. Also, Goldberg's sick rolling ankle lock.

Incidentally Roy Wood Jr. just imitating Macho Man reading a Trump tweet on the Daily Show also put a big smile on my face

10 hours ago, DTTW said:

Wiki says she was heavily involved in a lot of the merchandising deals they had and was the primary negotiator for their deal with Viacom in 2000.

• Like 2