DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I can't figure out why they keep punting on Cena/Taker. Just makes no sense.

A guy who is super beat up and old, another who is trying to get out so he doesn't turn out like the other guy, and you can't do a little probability math here?

Nash is right, wrestling fans live in some of the worst bubbles. Stop thinking of them as wrestlers with nothing else to do in life and start thinking about the people behind them. I'm as guilty as anyone of doing it, but we need to stop doing it.

Just because your boss wants you to work on friday, doesn't mean your willing to skip your vacation day with your family. We all know Vince and CO are those type of a-hole bosses who would be like that.

I'm not sure what's going to stop the bleeding, but 6* matches won't be it. I really think a drastic move of some sort will be required. This same old shit thinking on booking/writing will kill them though.

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Because it didn't

Last time they were in the ring together in a televised match was RAW on 11/16/09 when they tagged together

Their last singles match was Raw 10/9/06

Their "famous" match was Smackdown June 2004 - I have to assume this is the one Natural is talking about

That's the one, Rippa. I fucked up typing 2014 when I meant to do 2004. Balls.

2 hours ago, DTTW said:

A guy who is super beat up and old, another who is trying to get out so he doesn't turn out like the other guy, and you can't do a little probability math here?

Nash is right, wrestling fans live in some of the worst bubbles. Stop thinking of them as wrestlers with nothing else to do in life and start thinking about the people behind them. I'm as guilty as anyone of doing it, but we need to stop doing it.

Just because your boss wants you to work on friday, doesn't mean your willing to skip your vacation day with your family. We all know Vince and CO are those type of a-hole bosses who would be like that.

What does any of this have to do with anything?  Cena and Undertaker are both working Mania.  It's probably the one last marquee match they haven't run and can still run.  That's why everyone is talking about it.  That "wrestling bubble" talking point is nonsense.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

What does any of this have to do with anything?  Cena and Undertaker are both working Mania.  It's probably the one last marquee match they haven't run and can still run.  That's why everyone is talking about it.  That "wrestling bubble" talking point is nonsense.

The question was why don't they just do it and my reason was we need to get out of the bubble. Sorry if I misinterpreted the question 

On 12/01/2017 at 1:51 AM, GodzillaPerez said:

I got lucky. My buddy's roommate is on the show Letterkenny and went a little nuts buying the tickets. Mine was free because he's the best guy ever. Now everyone go watch Letterkenny.

Forecheck, BackCheck, Paycheck indeed

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I don't believe that's the main event. As said a few pages back by gentlemen smarter than I, Cena winning #16 closes the show. 

If it were any show other than WM, I'd believe it. But as it stands, I view Goldberg/Lesnar as this year's Sting/HHH 

It might well change, but Vince is at least thinking of running Goldberg/Lesnar last - according to Meltzer.

Per PWI

Get ready for your Brock Lesnar fix on RAW as he is advertised for every RAW starting from this Monday up to the Feb. 27th, which is the go-home show to the Fast Lane PPV, which he is not currently advertised for. 

The only RAW he will be missing is Feb. 13th which is in Las Vegas, where he is suspended by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. 

He is also advertised for RAW in Brooklyn, NY on March 20th. 

These are in addition to his previously announced appearances at Live Events in Salt Lake City UT on Feb.4th, Dallas TX on Feb. 17th and MSG on Mar. 12th. 

3 hours ago, DTTW said:

The question was why don't they just do it and my reason was we need to get out of the bubble. Sorry if I misinterpreted the question 

I meant specifically at mania this year. 

2 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

It might well change, but Vince is at least thinking of running Goldberg/Lesnar last - according to Meltzer.

I read that tidbit as well, I just find it really difficult to believe with Goldberg being a WCW creation and Lesnar having cooled off a bit.

Godammit, pal, put Cena/Undertaker back on the board.  Lemme tell you what to do, baby!

Undertaker wins the Rumble.  Cena wins the WHC.  Undertaker challenges Cena at WM.  Call it Taker's last ride, Cena's last stand, something overly melodramatic.

Reigns wins the red belt.  Styles pitches a fit at D-Brine for giving Cena a title shot he didn't deserve and jumps to Raw and gets the title match at WM and WWE's 7-star match is set.  Maybe start a double turn too.

They can stick with Goldberg/Lesnar and Strowman can win the Andre Battle Royal.

And post-WM, you got Cena/Corbin ready to go and Reigns/Rollins vs. Styles/Balor before turning Reigns full heel later.

• Like 1