DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Didn't Marc Mero tell a story about finding out Sable was cheating on him, getting pissed and ready to fight the guy, finding out it was Brock and just wishing them the best?

While funny, the timing of it all doesn't sound right. Pretty sure they spilt in the Attitude era when Brock was a teenager.

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Didn't Marc Mero tell a story about finding out Sable was cheating on him, getting pissed and ready to fight the guy, finding out it was Brock and just wishing them the best?

Here's the quote from mero on jrs pod:

“We were still married at the time, but we weren’t really seeing…I don’t know, it was falling apart. I remember calling her and her not answering the phone and I’d get very upset…Here I am assuming she was seeing another wrestler. I remember thinking ‘when I find out who this guy is, I’m gonna beat the tar out of him.’ When I found out it was Brock Lesnar, it gives forgiveness a whole new meaning.”

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

There are quite a few guys in WWE who would take that move, and Cena happens to be working with one of them at the Rumble.

My point exactly as no one ever accused AJ of being particularly wise.

9 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Yeah, Abbotsford... Ah, they did have $20 options but they've sold out. The site I was looking at made it look like it was only $48 and up. Makes sense.

You going to the Peg show?

I was on ticketmaster site yesterday and they still had pairs of $20 seats in Abbotsford...

Winnipeg show is on Super Bowl Sunday afternoon, and I have a bowling tournament that day, so I am taking a pass this time around. It will be interesting to see what they draw. Last time they were here Jericho main evented, and they drew at least 7,000, which is pretty good for their house shows these days,

I recently paid $105 for a front row ticket to a house show. Never been front row to a WWE show before, so I figured the cost was worth the treat to myself. I wouldn't have even gone to the house show, though, if front row wasn't available. That seat being available is what sold it for me.

5 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

I recently paid $105 for a front row ticket to a house show. Never been front row to a WWE show before, so I figured the cost was worth the treat to myself. I wouldn't have even gone to the house show, though, if front row wasn't available. That seat being available is what sold it for me.

$105....Isn't that incredibly low for front row? Was the show utter garbage or something?

4 minutes ago, DTTW said:

$105....Isn't that incredibly low for front row? Was the show utter garbage or something?

House Show front rows are almost always around $100. It's TV/PPV where you could be looking at $250-$500 for ringside. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Okay, second attempt and correct thread this time!

Why on earth is WWE charging a hair under $50 for house show tickets as the cheapest option? I'm guessing they figure only hardcores will go, so charge as much as possible? I'm tempted to go, just so I can see AJ Styles but that's a decent chunk for shitty seats at a house show. I certainly don't remember spending near that 3 years ago when I last went.

Granted, this is in Canada, so it's probably some lint and pocket change in yankee dollars.

Fifteen bucks last time I went.

WWE has hired announcer Vic Travagliante, according to PWInsider. He will reportedly use the name Vic Joseph. Vic has been the voice of House of Hardcore. Travagliante has previously worked for the Cleveland Browns Network and CBS Cleveland.

I watched WWE for the first time in a year last night on the HULU repeat of RAW, simply because I wanted to see Chris Jericho win a title belt.  

At one point, Roman Reigns Irish Whipped Jericho and Owens into opposite turnbuckles and this is what his move-set consisted of:

- running clothesline into a corner

- running clothesline into the opposite corner

- Samoan Drop

- clothesline

- missed jumping punch

- jumping punch

That was Reigns' repetoire of moves.  You go from Omega-Okada to Reigns' punching and kicking everyone and is it any wonder why he gets shit on.  

It's almost as if Misawa-Kobashi 1/3/03 never existed.

14 minutes ago, Jerome Miller said:

I watched WWE for the first time in a year last night on the HULU repeat of RAW, simply because I wanted to see Chris Jericho win a title belt.  

At one point, Roman Reigns Irish Whipped Jericho and Owens into opposite turnbuckles and this is what his move-set consisted of:

- running clothesline into a corner

- running clothesline into the opposite corner

- Samoan Drop

- clothesline

- missed jumping punch

- jumping punch

That was Reigns' repetoire of moves.  You go from Omega-Okada to Reigns' punching and kicking everyone and is it any wonder why he gets shit on.  

It's almost as if Misawa-Kobashi 1/3/03 never existed.

Are you really trying to bash a guy for not doing enough moves? What year is this?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Terry Funk ain't do no electric chair Michinoku drivers. Bruiser Brody ain't do no avalanche dragon suplexes.

How have The Briscoe's not done that as a promo yet in Ring of Honor.

WILL OSPREY, TERRY FUNK AIN'T NEED NO 950 CORKSCREW DO HICKEYS.

• Like 4

A match on RAW featured punches and clotheslines? By first time watching WWE in a year, did you mean first time watching RAW ever?

Oh and since someone has to provide it now:

What's that? I already posted that one twice? Ok, how about this?

5 hours ago, Mike Zeidler said:

Rarely is a post from Mr. Miller anything but trolling.

Well, if he thinks modern WWE doesn't have enough MOVES~!,  for Heaven's sake don't let him watch any pre-Mania era stuff...by the time he sees that they like had Rocky Johnson using a fuckin' sunset flip as a finish for instance, his head is liable to explode...

• Like 1

Has Meltzer said anything about the Emmalina hype videos on Raw?  Like, why they've been doing this stuff for months on end? (Emma was cleared to wrestle months ago).  I assume it's some sort of troll job and, when she does debut, she'll be humiliated somehow, the announcers will crap on the gimmick, and the whole thing will be forgotten.

Hope I'm wrong, but this seems like some sort of gag Vince is running for his own amusement,

5 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Has Meltzer said anything about the Emmalina hype videos on Raw?  Like, why they've been doing this stuff for months on end? (Emma was cleared to wrestle months ago).  I assume it's some sort of troll job and, when she does debut, she'll be humiliated somehow, the announcers will crap on the gimmick, and the whole thing will be forgotten.

Hope I'm wrong, but this seems like some sort of gag Vince is running for his own amusement,

Not sure which "most likely explanation is probably true" it falls under:

They're waiting for it to get a crowd reaction before she debuts,

They're waiting for Alicia Fox to get a crowd reaction as a face so Emmalina has someone to fight,

The Iconic Duo's main roster promotion is imminent and they're just waiting for San Antonio to finish to bring them in as Emmalina's sidekicks.