DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 minute ago, Peck said:

You know what I miss in wrestling?  A babyface winning a title and the entire locker room of babyfaces emptying in to the ring to celebrate with the new champion. 

Or winning by Countout....SummerSlam 1993 had me wondering what they were even celebrating...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peck said:

You know what I miss in wrestling?  A babyface winning a title and the entire locker room of babyfaces emptying in to the ring to celebrate with the new champion. 

I miss that too. Bret at WM X and the Luger and Sting title wins over Hogan in '97 were some of my favorites

13 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

If they did go in that direction, who gets the spot?  AJ and Cena?

The problem WWE has with this approach is most of their best workers aren't in a position where it makes storyline sense to put them in an epic main event. AJ is there, but to get a counterpart that gives them a chance to sniff Omega/Okada (Zayn, Cesaro, Owens) would require so much re-writing and hot-shotting that it's probably not worth it. Not that I'd complain if they had Zayn win the Rumble out of nowhere and challenge AJ, I just don't see it happening with as much as Vince changes his mind about everything.

3 hours ago, Peck said:

That one Nitro where Luger took the title off Hogan for one week was one of my happiest "little kid fan" moments.

first Cena beats AJ at the rumble to win the belt. Then Taker wins the rumble to challenge Cena. Then AJ is free to work a ladder match at Mania.

A catch all money in the bank ladder match at Mania with AJ beating 7 other superworkers (Cesaro/Zayn/Sheamus/Ziggler/possibly some 205ers or Andrade Cien) sounds like a show stealer to me!

Don't know where to put this.

The full list of competitors for the WWE UK tournament is:

• Trent Seven
  • Danny Burch
  • H.C. Dyer
  • Pete Dunne
  • Wolfgang
  • Jordan Devlin
  • Sam Gradwell
  • Tyler Bate
  • James Drake
  • Tucker
  • Tyson T-Bone
  • Joseph Conners
  • Dan Moloney
  • Roy Johnson
  • Mark Andrews
  • Saxon Huxley

1 hour ago, Matt788 said:

If James Ellesworth wins a smackdown match, 10 chinless jobbers should celebrate and hoist him on their shoulders as "We are the Champions" is played.

...then Braun Strowman climbs out from under the ring!

sorry for the double post self-quote.

Jim Cornette's doesn't like Kenny Omega. Apparently wrestling a blow up doll and a 9 year old girl are unforgivable offenses in his eyes and he Omega should have been banned from wrestling and he doesn't care how much much he improved since then.

Personally, I think it's a testament to Kenny's ability's that he could pull off that match with that little girl and make it so believable/absurd at the same time. Plus I love how Jim is going apeshit over DDT in Japan. Though Ibushi did have a 4.5* match with the a blowup doll as well there.

Cornette is a gimmick that got really old fast.

His podcasts suck. He finds a guy to feud with each week but nobody is dumb enough to bite back. He's irrelevant. He caught fire wailing about Russo, so he tried his hand wailing about Dunn and Zandig and Alice and Kenny King and Republicans and Greenfeild and others. No one bothers to respond. He is exposed and useless. He is like a guy that knows one card trick and he shows it to you any time you get close to him. He's pathetic at this point.

• Like 3

With Cornette- there are very few rules in life to dictate a "good mind for the business".

When "Cornette actually said on a Guest Booker that he wanted the InVasion matches to be decided in literal shootfights between the WCW name and the WWF name", that's one of the "you lose your right to be considered a good mind for the business forever." 

• Like 2