DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

3 hours ago, The Nature Boy said:

Could you imagine being friends with Vince McMahon? 

What a fucking adventure that would be.

I probably would have snorted myself to death if that were the case. Things are probably for the better the way they are.

• Like 2

I feel like Undertaker transcends the idea of tiers. He was never a top top breakout star, but through the uniqueness and coolness of the gimmick and sheer longevity he's as well known as any wrestler ever.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I believe I read somewhere, it might not be accurate, that Alexa and Murphy are now engaged as well and if that's the case then he already won his championship.

Dude is my age, from my hometown and worked for the local promotion I trained with as a teenager. I don't know whether I should be proud of him or hate his guts.

3 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Dude is my age, from my hometown and worked for the local promotion I trained with as a teenager. I don't know whether I should be proud of him or hate his guts.

I'd say proud but that's a pretty cool "what if?".    I wanted to say about The Undertaker also..  I believe tickets weren't selling all that well for WrestleMania this year but then the announcement of Undertaker vs. Shane spiked sales like crazy. 

So Undertaker and hell maybe Shane too are big deals even to this day.

58 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I feel like Undertaker transcends the idea of tiers. He was never a top top breakout star, but through the uniqueness and coolness of the gimmick and sheer longevity he's as well known as any wrestler ever.

Taker and Savage are pretty similar in that regard. Taker's WM streak was pretty useful too. That got some real buzz when it was broken.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So Undertaker and hell maybe Shane too are big deals even to this day.

People just wanted to see someone get thrown off the top of a cage, and though Shane was crazy enough to let it happen.

13 hours ago, The Z said:

As I elaborated a few posts after this one, I was talking about the average person in Germany. I'm well aware that in the US Steve Austin would be recognized by a lot more people than Bret Hart,

Z, I'm in Stuttgart, Germany for the next 6 months.

Any good wrestling around here?

24 minutes ago, Valcourt said:

Z, I'm in Stuttgart, Germany for the next 6 months.

Any good wrestling around here?

Wow, that's cool, what are you doing there? Stuttgart is only like 45 minutes away from where I live.

wXw has a show in Stuttgart on April 28th, I would definitely go to that, if you are in town. They always put on a good show. I might go there as well.

There's also a WWE house show on May 11th, but you're probably not interested in that, since you can get that at home.

Other than that it depends on how far you are willing to drive. There won't be any wrestling in Stuttgart apart from that, but if you're willing to drive 90 minutes to two hours, some other shows might come into question.

For anyone interested - Tyler Breeze tweeted his Personal Top 10 favorite matches (that he was in)

• 10) vs Finn Balor in Houston (NXT House Show)
  • 9) vs. Nakamura in Tulsa (NXT House Show)
  • 8) vs. Sami Zayn (NXT Takeover)
  • 7) vs. Liger (Takeover Brooklyn I)
  • 6) vs. Joe in Austin (NXT House Show)
  • 5) vs. Usos (Battleground)
  • 4) vs. Apollo Crews (Takeover Respect)
  • 3) vs. Hideo Itami in San Jose (NXT House Show - I think THINK this was the match Itami did his first WWE GTS)
  • 2) vs. Dolph Ziggler (Penticton BC Canada House Show)
  • 1) 4 Way from NXT Takeover Fatal 4-Way

16 minutes ago, DTTW said:

Warrior's return in WCW got an insane one too. Return pops don't really mean much.

I know you're just trying to shit on WWE like always, but Warrior in 98 WCW could have made the company money. The issue was that they only brought him in to put Hogan over.

They fucked up the Shane return on night 1.

Shane: Vince, I have some information on you and I am blackmailing you into giving me control of Raw.

Vince: Okay, I fear your blackmail and I will give you control of Raw.  IF you win a match.

Wait.  What?    You'd think a guy who'd been held up for paydays and belts would understand how blackmail works.  

This company could fuck up a wet dream.