DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

This is what happens when you tape 3 months of TV at a time...

Anyway - the tapings from India are this week

They are taping 4 episodes so I fully expect Great Khali to win one of their now 19 belts on the first show and drop it on the last show

On 5/24/2017 at 5:03 PM, JonnyLaw said:

Your honor, these selected and redacted excerpts of a contract with no evidence of a signature totally prove my case.  

Also, people seem to be sleeping on the part of the released contract that says TNA's license for the IP becomes "non-exclusive" upon termination of the contract.

The similar language is confusing but I'm pretty sure that's in reference to the IP the wrestler brings into the company not new IP created while in the company.  For example, take someone like Frankie Kazarian who worked in TNA as 'Frankie Kazarian' as well as 'Suicide' and was one-half of 'Bad Influence'.  Upon expiration of his TNA contract, the exclusivity of 'Frankie Kazarian' reverts back to Kazarian.  'Suicide' remains TNA's IP as well as 'Bad Influence' even though Kazarian co-created it.

However ill-advised, I imagine Nordholm just wanted to get something out there to get Matt's half-wit sycophants off his case a little.  Guy probably went from getting a few dozen notifications a day to his phone constantly going off like a fire alarm.  I like Matt and Reby's cries of unprofessionalism for Nordholm speaking publicly about this while pretty much everyday they rally the "loyal soldiers" against the evil owl men for holding Matt's creation hostage from the fans.  There's got to be hours of podcasts and thousands of tweets where Matt contradicts all of his claims against TNA/Impact.  I listened to him on some show promoting Total Nonstop Deletion where he thanked Anthem for funding it and also very professionally made sure to mention exactly when his TNA contract was expiring.

If he re-files for 'Broken Matt Hardy' then WWE will probably contest it since they'll surely get 'Matt Hardy' trademarked for merchandise, etc.  Impact should just make like block text shirts that say 'Delete Broken Matt' or 'Obsolete Broken Matt' or something.  If it were me, I'd name the owl 'Queen Rebecca' and make 'Love That Owl' shirts too.  And they should just give the "Broken Universe" to Scott Steiner.

The Hardys in their pursuit of their wrestling careers have totally neglected their detective work and have left hundreds of mysteries unsolved.  Enter Scott Steiner, one-half of the greatest tag team in all of space and time and that includes the Tokyo Dome where those inbred hillbilly Hardys ain't never wrestled before and the head of Seven Deities Investigation to pick up their slack.  'Seven Deities' of course referring to Scott Steiner's seven favorite freaks who he all calls "Deedee" cause they all happen to have double Ds.  Follow along as Big Poppa Pump and his sidekick Vanguard-1 ride to the scene of the crime in Skarsgard the dilapidated boat and watch in amazement as he solves these Broken Case Files with his Back-Breaking Brilliance.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BEN! said:

If he re-files for 'Broken Matt Hardy' then WWE will probably contest it since they'll surely get 'Matt Hardy' trademarked for merchandise, etc.  Impact should just make like block text shirts that say 'Delete Broken Matt' or 'Obsolete Broken Matt' or something.  If it were me, I'd name the owl 'Queen Rebecca' and make 'Love That Owl' shirts too.  

TNA doesn't need your help coming up with ways to lose money.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2017 at 11:18 PM, Sammo~! said:

Well I think we figured out Nice Guy Eddie is secretly Corey Graves

If somebody compared me to Corey I'd be flattered, he seems like a top-quality guy who does wonders announcing.  But it's no wonder Eddie took a shine to the Pantera references being dished out for a time.

And if that is Ed Norholm in the after pic imagine how he'd look like in 6 months.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2017 at 8:09 AM, RIPPA said:

They are taping 4 episodes so I fully expect Great Khali to win one of their now 19 belts on the first show and drop it on the last show

HA! God I was in the ballpark

Spoiler

Sonjay Dutt won the X-Division title

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

If somebody compared me to Corey I'd be flattered, he seems like a top-quality guy who does wonders announcing.  But it's no wonder Eddie took a shine to the Pantera references being dished out for a time.

And if that is Ed Norholm in the after pic imagine how he'd look like in 6 months.

Image result for jeremy borash

• Like 6

Yeah luckily India is one of those countries that still doesn't know the difference between good wrestling and bad wrestling.   

Trying to catch up on Impact and while having announcers burying the wrestlers and the fans to get themselves over is nothing new unfortunately, Josh Matthews has done this new thing by actually burying himself.   At one point when Pope was desperately trying to focus on the action in the match Josh tells him that "this isn't radio they can see what is going on".  Gee thanks for justifying me watching this product on mute for the last 2 or 3 months by proving that commentary means nothing and is probably bad anyway.    

So TNA is going to run their first house show in two years by running a minor league baseball stadium in fucking Staten Island

God Jarrett will never let the minor league stadium dream die

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So TNA is going to run their first house show in two years by running a minor league baseball stadium in fucking Staten Island

Actually not a bad idea since ROH isn't running Field of Honor this year. I'm probably skipping it for the EVOLVE/Progress double-shot I can roll out of bed for the following Saturday, but they get full points for the attempt.

On 6/2/2017 at 9:50 AM, RIPPA said:

Unless you can fill the place and get a good deal of floor seating, too, baseball stadium shows always end up looking sparse and sad.  I went to a few shows years ago when WWE would book the stadium in Frederick, MD, and that's probably the best I've seen a minor league park laid out for wrestling.  

While in India last week they taped in a TV studio that held 500 people. Everyone in the crowd was paid 250 to 400 rupee (between $3.80 and $7.60) to attend, so even in a small studio they not only didn’t charge for tickets but paid people to attend. That’s common for television shoots in India and wouldn’t have the same stigma if you did that in the U.S. Fans were instructed who to cheer and boo, and they were very good at doing so. They were told the villains would come from the left side of the stage and the heroes from the right side. The waves that may make the air were also instructed by the M.C. and not something the audience did spontaneously. However, EC 3 did have very legit heat when he came out as E Singh 3, and the crowd really loved Mahabali Shera and Sonjay Dutt. Jeff Jarrett was telling reporters that they are scouting more talent from India.

Newest WON

It is a very common practice in India for first run television shows to fill audiences with paid attendees.  

India even has "talent" agencies that specialize in guaranteed full houses.

The dearth of labor laws allows production companies to shoot at any time of day they want, so they have to offer some sort of incentive to keep people in their seats and that means cash money.

Impact will make back the investment and then some on ticket sales when they go on tour.

On 6/7/2017 at 0:09 AM, Thibs said:

Some people just can't stay away lol. Sad.

Your point? People see that you haven't posted and wonder if you're really gone or if you just posted in another folder.

Seems like a complaint EN090 would make.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

One year ago today we got 90 mins of That 70's Show ads when Impact was suppose to be live.

Ah, yes, what a weird night that was.  Poor Rippa drove himself mad on that one, as did I for the <40 minutes I watched before playing WWE 2K17.

Let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?

EDIT:  Wait a sec, Rippa's recap isn't up anymore?  Damn, that sucks, would have been fun to see the insanity again.  The rest of the thread's there though.

• Like 1