DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

26 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The only problem with loving Rosemary in a creepy stalker way is that she would most likely stalk you back.

I don't want to end up lying unconscious on the side of the road and missing my pants like that poor redneck bastard in the The Final Deletion 2 video,.

tumblr_mqixqtA2CU1s0xrqjo1_500.gif

• Like 5

At this point is Rosemary the only worker that the 'E would have strong interest in from Impact?

I could see Hunter in for the negotiations and saying "We want your tape library and we'll assume a contract."

"All contracts?"

"Nope, just Rosemary."

Other than wellness reasons, why wouldn't they want to get EC3 back? Lashley has the MMA thing but I can't imagine he's going to be doing that for much longer at his age. Moose?

If Moose came to WWE, I'd like him to start smashing people immediately. 

He's already done the Virgil gimmick intro in two feds now.  Please don't do the Emancipation Of Moose bullshit again.

If HHH brings in Moose, he needs to bring in Veda Scott as his manager because... well..... because she's Veda Scott.

If there's one thing TNA got right is bringing in Rosemary on national TV (yes I know she's Courtney Rush elsewhere).  She's what makes Decay unique and special, and without her it's just two dudes in facepaint.  Sign her to NXT and wreck shit up over there.

As for others I know Lashley's up there in age but he more than deserves another shot in WWE.  He's gotten so damn good and he'd be great in the WWE fold.  EC3's worth a look too but only if he's a heel.  Heck, I'd bring in Allie too (and I guess Braxton if you want to keep them together)  She's shown to be great as a heel (annoying chipmunk sound) or face (sympathetic character longing for cheers)  I like Braxton too, so I'd be more than happy to see her or both of them in a much better spot.

• Like 2

Braxton Sutter could 100% be the new Tye Dillinger. Incredible mechanics but lacking the charisma or "it factor" needed to be a star. I could really get behind that idea. Rosemary and Cherry Bomb also have feuded for a year plus, so bringing that over to NXT would be a good idea.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thibs said:

That's absolutely incredible. I wish they could bring JR in to do a Mankind-style sit down interview with her. 

...and just like the Mankind interview, it ends with JR unconscious on the floor after a mandible claw

• Like 2

So, as Phil said in the Raw thread, the Owls are negotiating with the WWE for the rights to the Broken characters. 

Funny enough, Impact is sudden need of about $340,000.  A court has ruled they breached a contract with Audience of One Productions. (*some joke about that being TNA's actual audience size*) 

Big problem is, they must pay this immediately, so... expect to see Broken Matt & Brother Nero again, sooner rather than later.

• Like 4

They finally have something of value that puts them in a negotiable position with WWE and they can't afford to actually negotiate because they need quick cash. Who could have predicted that besides everyone? 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The curse of being in a tag team in TNA continues

Adam Thornstowe (1/2 half of Reno Scum) is out due to a torn bicep

http://impactwrestling.com/adam-thornstowe-injured/

It will be funny when all the teams they've had Decay put over for the past 2 months and made to look like fools (Seriously, point me to a Decay match since the "new era" where they haven't been booked as incompetent and incapable of beating ANYONE), are all out (Scum), broken up (DCC), or possibly leaving (The two teams from Konnan's promotion if he breaks ties after the AAA deal).

31 minutes ago, caley said:

It will be funny when all the teams they've had Decay put over for the past 2 months and made to look like fools (Seriously, point me to a Decay match since the "new era" where they haven't been booked as incompetent and incapable of beating ANYONE), are all out (Scum), broken up (DCC), or possibly leaving (The two teams from Konnan's promotion if he breaks ties after the AAA deal).

I'm sorry that you know so much about TNA. We're here to help if you need it.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, caley said:

It will be funny when all the teams they've had Decay put over for the past 2 months and made to look like fools

At least it's not a surprise. TNA's been good at making various people look foolish for close to 15 years now.

Impact is quasi live tonight as they start their next batch of tapings

So as per usual - I will start watching and then remember why I stopped watching

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Impact is quasi live tonight as they start their next batch of tapings

So as per usual - I will start watching and then remember why I stopped watching

YOur time would be better spent getting closer to finishing ME.

What is there to merge?  Outside of three year old, unaired TV matches and ugly title belts, what assets does Global have?  Unsold 8x10s of Karen Jarrett?  Gold-plated bars?  Doesn't this just mean that Double J is officially giving up on Global Force?

• Like 1