DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

By Mike Johnson on 2017-11-04 18:48:00
PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that an email from Ed Nordholm was issued to the staff of the Impact Wrestling offices in Nashville informing them that the company is going to begin "consolidating" the office with the Anthem office in Toronto.  The email was sent out a week ago Friday.  That means the beginning of the end of the actual physical office in Nashville, although there is no timeline on that.  What this means for the office staff in Nashville remains to be seen.  It may be that some depart while others do their work from home or are even moved to Canada.  The belief among one source is that the production of the Impact series would remain in Nashville,  but that's not 100% confirmed.   The company has been slowly moving its merchandise sales to a third party fulfillment company, so that would solve the issue of how they handle orders.

Dean Broadhead, who was the company's Chief Financial Officer for many years (and was credited by many with being the person that was able to keep the company going during the tumultous time period where there were all sorts of financial issues) was let go.  It appears that happened at the end of September.

The situation with Taya Valkyrie appears to be that she would have no problem getting into Canada (where she was born) but may have an issue returning to the United States.  While she is married to John Hennigan, she has not yet received permanent residence and with the current Presidency in the U.S., there was a concern her return could be complicated, so the company made the decision to yank her instead of taking a chance.  Michael Elgin had a similar situation with ROH awhile back that took several weeks to resolve.  There is no heat on Taya and the company intends to use her on the January tapings.

I'm putting my money where my mouth is (granted I got Fite.tv credit for the same amount I just spent) and actually buying BFG.

This is literally the first time I've ever spent money on TNA/IMPACT/GFW/IMPACT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm putting my money where my mouth is (granted I got Fite.tv credit for the same amount I just spent) and actually buying BFG.

This is literally the first time I've ever spent money on TNA/IMPACT/GFW/IMPACT.

I’m more concerned about your self-identifying with Cody Rhodes on Facebook.

20 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Easiest solution seems like you'd just stick Rosemary into what was Taryn's spot and make the KO title match back into a four way.

Then it'd be the heel defending against 3 babyfaces though.  Then again the X-Division match is the heel defending against 5 babyfaces.  At least the Tag Title Match is the 2 babyfaces defending against all of Latin America.  And not that title contenders really make any sense anymore but I'm not sure Rosemary's done anything but lose since befriending Allie.

It's too late now but they should've pre-taped some wacky shit with Rosemary and Taya Valkyrie at Rosemary's barn or somewhere so Taya could be left laying in a heap in the woods to explain why she won't be around for the rest of the year.

Hope Grado's next storyline is trying to defraud Canadian immigration.

18 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Hey now, I have experience sitting through bad wrestling shows while pretending to be amped!  How much they paying?

Seriously $50 a day to sit through 3 or 4 days of taping.  I don't know how the economy of Ottawa is but fuck there are some entry level programmers in my area that would kill for $12.50 an hour.  

And given how fucked up TNA is there is no way they are going to remember those payroll taxes.  :lol:

Who are the rookies for this company?  The closest thing they have to a developmental is Scott D'Amore indie.  Not sure where in Canada they are compared to Ottawa.   They just introduced this 'Global Forged' which is basically Tough Enough so I guess they could do it .  I can only think of maybe 4 jobbers in this company