DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

Meltzer made mention that the WWE has been interested in Spud for 205 Live or the UK show for awhile now and now that he is officially free an offer could be made there

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:40 AM, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I always assumed American Balloon was high on helium before shows....

Edit: God, that was a bad joke.  Upon further reflection, I feel obliged to boo myself.

For a while, American Balloon posted here regularly and gave us trip reports during his tours to Japan.

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That drink not being available wouldn't stop Jarrett or Flair. They would just find something else to drink...or at least that's what I would do. 

Are either at the "drinking aftershave" stage yet?  I used to work at a grocery store, and every Saturday this little old lady would come in and buy a lot of bottles of cooking sherry, and she had the pinkest cheeks and the roundest little nose.  I always wondered what she was cooking ...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, nate said:

Are either at the "drinking aftershave" stage yet?  I used to work at a grocery store, and every Saturday this little old lady would come in and buy a lot of bottles of cooking sherry, and she had the pinkest cheeks and the roundest little nose.  I always wondered what she was cooking ...

Maybe they're mixing Purell and water.

What was the old lady cooking? Her liver.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Both of those pizzas would be instantly improved by removing at least one ingredient each.  I mean, who puts corn on a pizza?  Fucking savages.

Corn goes really well with black beans. I like black beans and corn in salad. I can't say I've ever had them on pizza, but I wouldn't object to it. I couldn't do onions or peppers, of any type.

Don Callis has denied he is leaving New Japan Pro Wrestling, but did not deny he is Impact Wrestling-bound.  He is still slated to do commentary in Japan this weekend.   The story, as we have been told, is that Impact has yet to present him with a contract and he's not doing anything until he has the contract in hands.   Our original source on the story noted that if he didn't start in November, January would be likely.

Also of note in regard to Callis: When Impact management visited Pro Wrestling NOAH a few weeks back, they made a visit to one of the New Japan events and while there, Scott D'Amore addressed the NJPW locker room and told them Impact would love to work with New Japan again and specifically mentioned Callis was coming to work for Impact.  D'Amore also, during that same meeting, specifically apologized to IWGP champion Kazuchika Okada for how he was used in TNA years ago.  At the time, Okada was booked to dress like Kato from The Green Hornet and play Samoa Joe's lackey.  It was not good, and it looked even worse when Okada returned to NJPW and exploded into one of the best workers in the world overnight. 

We are told that New Japan already have two potential replacements in mind as an announcer if/when Callis does depart.  We were also told New Japan is quite aware how badly Impact wants to work with them but NJPW is still focused on working with Ring of Honor.

Don't do it Cyrus! DON'T DO IT.

They should give Cyrus the book.  He would do some amazing shit with James Mitchell. He used to book for this Canadian promotion in Saskatchewan/Winnipeg and it had the craziest promo videos with Dr. Luther being obsessed with the babyfaces and spewing demonic evil while quoting Brittany Spears.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Marty Sugar said:

They should give Cyrus the book.  He would do some amazing shit with James Mitchell. He used to book for this Canadian promotion in Saskatchewan/Winnipeg and it had the craziest promo videos with Dr. Luther being obsessed with the babyfaces and spewing demonic evil while quoting Brittany Spears.

Please let some of this be on Youtube...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Both of those pizzas would be instantly improved by removing at least one ingredient each.  I mean, who puts corn on a pizza?  Fucking savages.

What are you trying to say? That Impact overbooked a pizza?

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

8 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Please let some of this be on Youtube...

I'm looking and I can't find it. I swear it was called the Aboriginal Wrestling Federation, as it was running the northern First Nations reserves in Manitoba, and the show was airing in Canada on APTN (Aboriginal Peoples Television Network), with Wavell Starr as the top babyface. I was up late flicking channels in 200...3? 4? And caught it by accident. Sadly, it didn't last long.

Jesus Fuck, the new discussion of legit guys in pro wrestling begins anew with Dr. Luther near top of the list.

He defended the ECCW title against Sabu once and worked the entire match on a knee that was damaged beyond belief.

He wore long pants as part of his ring attire because he did not want the fans to see that his leg was fucking purple.

53 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Bring on Tyson Dux!!!!!!

I hope that's a reference to a famous Rick Jeanneret call after (I think) Brad May beat someone up in a fight.