DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

I wonder if the Amped Anthologies are going to vanish.

I mean, technically Global Wrestling Network doesn't HAVE to be connected to Global Force Wrestling, right?

Back to IMPACT Total Access or whatever?

So I guess the company is again just IMPACT. That's three rebrandings in a year.

Man, I was watching this past week's show and it's such a mess: you've got GFW and Global Force being bandied all over the place, an authority figure (Cornette) who has already left the company and references to another authority figure (Double J) who is now gone from the company.

I wonder how much money they save from taping 3 months TV at a time to make it actually worth it when their TV shows end up being way out of date before they even hit the air.  That's two tapings in a row where the shows were built around major characters who had left (Cornette) or were in the process of leaving (Del Rio).  Maybe they should just should air a quasi-live episode and then just tape, say, 2 weeks of TV then repeat, instead of this tape 3-4 months at a time deal.  Wrestling is way too erratic to tape that far ahead.

29 minutes ago, caley said:

Man, I was watching this past week's show and it's such a mess: you've got GFW and Global Force being bandied all over the place, an authority figure (Cornette) who has already left the company and references to another authority figure (Double J) who is now gone from the company.

I wonder how much money they save from taping 3 months TV at a time to make it actually worth it when their TV shows end up being way out of date before they even hit the air.  That's two tapings in a row where the shows were built around major characters who had left (Cornette) or were in the process of leaving (Del Rio).  Maybe they should just should air a quasi-live episode and then just tape, say, 2 weeks of TV then repeat, instead of this tape 3-4 months at a time deal.  Wrestling is way too erratic to tape that far ahead.

There's just no way they can afford that now that the parent company isn't just flushing money down the TNAToilet.

Just wait 

40 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

There's just no way they can afford that now that the parent company isn't just flushing money down the TNAToilet.

Just wait until Bob Carter has his moment of clarity and dumps piles of “please don’t make me hire my daughter” money at Anthem’s doorstep.

Hopefully Jarrett gets help for his gross drinking problems. He was apparently drop-down drunk in Alberta on Friday night (Calgary or Edmonton was Friday, the other was Saturday), and then got on a plane and skipped the Saturday show completely.

What's crazy is that he was supposedly drunk at the shows he worked here in the Okanagan two years ago, but not so that he was noticeably stumbling around like he has been lately. Sad.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They are going to air the Eddie Edwards/Marufuji match from NOAH on this Thursday's episode

I really like them showing the worldwide matches like this. Helps make the show stand out as something different.

I'm about a month into actually watching TNA GFW Impact and it's not too bad, actually. Not great, but not bad.

• Like 2

So isn't a big part of the next few weeks of their TV centered around Lashley's cronies calling out Jarrett? I'll be curious to see if they still air it. Maybe taping 4 months worth of TV over 3 days isn't such a good idea after all. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Just based on working for the WWE creative team for 2 1/2 hours Jimmy Jacobs could probably finagle his way to the head of Impact creative if he wanted to. 

Billy Corgan and Jimmy Jacobs would have probably come up with some good stuff together.

52 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Billy Corgan and Jimmy Jacobs would have probably come up with some good stuff together.

Let's hope Billy has already made a call to Jimmy regarding the NWA relaunch. Why waste a good talent on TNA when they're already wasting so many?

1 minute ago, mattdangerously said:

Let's hope Billy has already made a call to Jimmy regarding the NWA relaunch. Why waste a good talent on TNA when they're already wasting so many?

That would be the best thing Billy could do next to re-uniting with the original Smashing Pumpkins lineup.

• Like 1