DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:17 PM, AxB said:

No, LAX unified the Tag Titles by winning the TNA and GFW belts at the same time. They're now feuding with OVE, who are doing a 'brother Tag team who have nothing in common' gimmick. They don't look alike or wrestle alike is their gimmick. Although they're the same height and build, and wrestle the same style as each other, but one is a blonde  and one is a brunette.

The Crist Brothers are actual real life brothers.  It's not a work.

They used to wrestle as Irish Airborne in the indies before embracing their Dayton, Ohio urban white boy roots and working as OI4K (Ohio Is For Killers)..

oVe (Ohio Versus Everybody / Ohio Versus Everything) is a watered down version of the OI4K gimmick.

In addition to being the current GFW tag champs, they are also the Juggalo Champeen-shit Wrestling Champs where they work the Ring Rydahs gimmick.

I knew they were related before I saw them work for the first time, but after seeing them I thought they had to be cousins working a brother gimmick because they look nothing alike,  It's still hard to believe that they are brothers.

20 minutes ago, caley said:

"Topics to discuss:"

So you guys order lunch from Uber Eats during Creative Meetings?"
Yeah, it's really good.
Neat.

So, what the hell just happened with Jarrett?

Sonjay likes to order pizza. Extra cheese!

Are you guys moving tapings to Canada?

Big John always gets a side of fries. 

• Haha 1

The location of Bound For Glory will be announced on Monday

The teaser video they did made it seem like it was going to be in the UK but PWI just says its not in the UK nor will it be in Orlando

The show was originally supposed to be in Orlando but apparently after booting Jarrett they decided to move the show

By Mike Johnson on 2017-09-15 13:25:00
The belief among many sources is that Global Force Wrestling is finalizing plans to hold Bound for Glory in Canada, likely the Toronto area.  We are told that it was an Anthem Media call, which makes sense as they own GFW now and are based in that area.

The impression I get is that the post-PPV TVs would not be at Universal Studios Orlando, but somewhere in Canada as well.  We are told this does not mean that GFW has pulled up stakes at Universal as a TV taping location going forward.

Is there a reason to stay at Universal?  Bored non-wrestling fans looking for a free indoor show to get out of the heat can't be that hard to find.

Canada works for me as long as they start booking Sasquach.  Loved that guy when Byrne booked him in Alpha Flight.

• Like 2

I am pretty sure Universal was the cheapest location to shoot at.

Plus a majority of the wrestlers live in the area so they didn't have to pay for the travel expenses (if they even did in the first place)

There's a lot of good Canadian talent. Maybe relocating to Canada will have them use more Canadian talent and tour Canada. I think making a serious go at Canada would be the best option for GFW right.

Although I still like the idea of filling a small college gym in Indiana with around 1500 paid Indian extras and try to pass it off as airing live from India. I added the small college gym part.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

India, maybe?

Or, if they can't afford to fly India, split the difference and hold it in Indiana and tell people it's being broadcast from India?

Once, I was looking forward to announcing for the first time in Indiana, but it turned out to be Indiana, Pennsylvania.

4 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Is there a reason to stay at Universal?  Bored non-wrestling fans looking for a free indoor show to get out of the heat can't be that hard to find.

Canada works for me as long as they start booking Sasquach.  Loved that guy when Byrne booked him in Alpha Flight.

I dunno, I hear Sasquatch and Psychic Bigfoot have heat.

Looks like they're going back to calling themselves Impact Wrestling instead of GFW. What a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

i like the name Impact way better than GFW but to go through all the confusion and nonsense is amazing. How simple is this--

-The company name is "Impact Wrestling."

-They're part of a "Global Wrestling Network" of promotions all across the world, including NOAH, AAA, etc. They share talent, do joint shows, etc. 

-You can watch content from these other promotions on the GWN app. 

Would be interesting if they started doing stuff in the Toronto area especially since the Fight Network airs TV for one of the local indies Smash Wrestling.  Dont think it would kill them to do some taping up here plus people would actually pay to see it.  Sure its Canadian money but its something

Ottawa is the official location of Bound For Glory

What hasn't really been announced but Meltzer brought it up a day or two ago - is that they are planning on taping TV there that week too

Oh and for those that know the area - they are running the Aberdeen Pavillion