DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Just when you thought drunk and bloated Jeff was the dumb ass Jarrett from TripleMania, Karen says "hold my cerveza "

I'll just say if she actually does show up in GFW you'll know the whole thing was a giant work (I don't even think GFW would be stupid enough to turn the situation into an angle if it was legit).

24 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I'll just say if she actually does show up in GFW you'll know the whole thing was a giant work (I don't even think GFW would be stupid enough to turn the situation into an angle if it was legit).

Never underestimate the stupidity of this company.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nofuture said:

Their next taping aren't until November so even if it were a work, it's not like they can capitalize on it.

Even if they could we'd be talking about a .3 rating instead of a point two. Maybe. 

I just saw the clip. I'm very confident in saying that was no work. If Shitty Star isn't fired GFW should immediately stop working with AAA. What she did was completely unacceptable and how the hell could you do business with people who would condone it?

• Like 1

That main event actually wasn't bad at all. 

First time I've watched Impact in the Pop era, but I honestly enjoyed it. I think I'll stick around a bit, until it inevitably is awful again.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hammerva said:

Just when you thought drunk and bloated Jeff was the dumb ass Jarrett from TripleMania, Karen says "hold my cerveza "

For the time being, I will give Karen the benefit of the doubt and pray that this is a revenge tweet and that the GFW KO's are drawing straws to see who gets to cripple Sexy Star when she is booked to appear in GFW.

But that is probably a hope in vain because GFW.

If I were Jeff, I'd personally would pay for Sexy Star a generous appearance fee to come to GFW. She'd need it for the hospital bill after I booked Rosemary to Red Wedding her ass through a flaming table covered in thumb tacks at the finish of a Nightmare's Ball match.

5 hours ago, sabremike said:

I just saw the clip. I'm very confident in saying that was no work. If Shitty Star isn't fired GFW should immediately stop working with AAA. What she did was completely unacceptable and how the hell could you do business with people who would condone it?

I will start using this every time I post in the YouTube comment section of a match where Sexy Star... er.... Shitty Star... is a participant.

To pile on, Sexy Star potatoes Shanti, leading to the point that Star and Shanti start shooting on each other, Hamada couldn't care less about Sexy Star, Star hides out to avoid Shanti then comes back for the win to legit injure some completely unassociated person, then after the match offers a nonapology and scoots before she gets that ass beat.

If this were a guy, I'd call him a "bitch."  As it is, I'll say that "Shitty Star" is too good a moniker for her.

Whether Sexy Star appears in TNA depends on how important the relationship is with AAA.  So far given the spoilers it is very important.   Maybe that will change with the next set of tapings.  

if she shows up, I figure she will be fed a healthy dose of Rebel, Ava Storie, and random indie jobbers and then maybe she will face Rosemary.  Then it is up to the AAA management how it ends up.    It also helps TNA that all of their shows run in Orlando because I doubt 95% of the crowd has a clue who Sexy Star is much less what happened at TripleMania

On 8/28/2017 at 1:06 AM, Brian Fowler said:

That main event actually wasn't bad at all. 

First time I've watched Impact in the Pop era, but I honestly enjoyed it. I think I'll stick around a bit, until it inevitably is awful again.

Curious, as someone who's watched it for the first time in a while-- what do you think of the look/branding? 

I think its god awful insane that they still can't pick name and stick to it.

The product itself isn't bad. 

As far as I can tell, it's GFW Impact Wrestling on Pop... Which isn't ideal, but I was thinking Impact is like Raw?

The neon green ropes are a rather odd touch, but I've always been a fan of the six-sided ring, if only because it looks different than WWE, and Lord knows they need something that stands out.

Per the new WON

I don’t know if this is considered good news or not, but GFW and Pop TV signed a new agreement to continue carrying the show in 2018. It’s good in the sense they have a station that isn’t dropping them and are guaranteed TV for another year. The bad news is the deal is not financially effective and it also means they failed to get a deal that would pay them anything but an ad revenue split which is said to mean little or anything, and also that they are likely spending at least another year at that 300,000 viewer per week mark. It’s bad sign in the sense that pro wrestling does feel like it’s more popular right now, but that popularity hasn’t led to anyone but WWE and to a much smaller degree New Japan, getting any kind of TV deals that pay much of anything. Obviously the company is trying to run on a very limited budget, with the India and U.K. paying deals the main revenue source and they simply can’t come close to covering costs, so it probably means similar long television tapings only a few times a year and with the last house show run not being all that successful, there will probably not be anything close to a regular schedule. Still, I guess because he’s a charming guy and has been around the business his entire life, Jeff Jarrett is able to make deals with other promotions with the idea he can get their stars on television in the U.S. market, which still means a lot when you’re outside the U.S

They announced they are going to address the Shitty Star thing on the show next week. Carnies gonna carny. And I'm looking forward to them going on their show and explaining that another wrestler intentionally injured another wrestler and this was wrong. I'm sure Corny will blow a gasket about the business being exposed. Nah, its not like its the Joey Ryan dickplex which as we all know killed the business.

21 minutes ago, sabremike said:

They announced they are going to address the Shitty Star thing on the show next week. Carnies gonna carny. And I'm looking forward to them going on their show and explaining that another wrestler intentionally injured another wrestler and this was wrong. I'm sure Corny will blow a gasket about the business being exposed. Nah, its not like its the Joey Ryan dickplex which as we all know killed the business.

You know what really killed the business? A 3,000 year old wrestling mummy.

• Like 3

Love the idea of Jarrett running to fight someone in the back.   Given his condition that night, either that was shot before the actual show happened or it will be revealed that he was really angry that they were closing beer sales before the main event

• Like 1

They were already doing a GFW/AAA feud anyway.  Sexy Star keeping the hold on after the bell at least gives them a kay fab reason to use something that people were talking about on the internets.

Although bringing it up makes it look like a work and Rosemary just ends up looking like she got got with no chance for any payback since GFW really shouldn't bring in Sexy Star.