DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

5 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I honestly don't understand what his issue with that was.  It got him on TV, and he got to hang out with pretty women.  It's not like he was having to do anything too goofy, like cosplay as a video game character.

Yeah, it would be all kinds of Lucha Libre Ninja Turtles levels of low rent if Low Ki's entire persona was based on a popular Square Enix video game character. Good thing Ki has more self respect than that.

• Like 3

It is generally accepted that Ki has a gear loose but since we're talking about GFW, his decision to depart is probably him being tired of being paid in Global Gold or something.

Per the new WON

In something predictable, Low Ki is gone, mad about booking, although he’ll be all over television for a number of upcoming shows since he did the tapings. Low Ki was booked to be part of a multiple person X division match at Bound for Glory and was unhappy about that. From one source, he showed up the first day at TV, where he was supposed to get a shot at the GFW title and Alberto in the main event, but that was canceled. When they laid out the GFW title picture, which involved Eli Drake, Johnny Impact, Matt Sydal and others, but not him, he was unhappy from day one. He worked the tapings and was complaining a lot to management and after being talked with, he wasn’t happy and made the decision to leave and both sides agreed to go their separate ways. We’re told reports this was money related aren’t accurate in the sense it was purely creative and he was under contract at a figure both sides had agreed to. He does have a history almost everywhere of leaving, very often over being unhappy with his creative. The company knew it was a risk bringing him back, but felt he’d fit in with the LAX faction, but he was only signed to a six-month contract with the idea anything could blow up at any time.

Nothing really surprising there except for the fact that GWF signed him to a six month contract because they knew things might go sour, that seems like the most un-GWF/TNA thing ever, a smart business decision??? what?????

But I can see Ki being a mad about going from title shot to back to the undercard because Alberto is unstable that seems unfair to him that he didn't atleast get to stay in the title picture for a bit.

10 hours ago, Sublime said:

Nothing really surprising there except for the fact that GWF signed him to a six month contract because they knew things might go sour, that seems like the most un-GWF/TNA thing ever, a smart business decision??? what?????

I'm going to assume that since it appears to be a good business, it was really dumb luck and it only appears smart.  I figured they just didn't have enough $ to provide a longer contract.  That seems more likely.

14 hours ago, Sublime said:

I don't know how smart that is. They know things could explode, and they tape months worth of shows at once - a contract just for the tapings they were about to do would have been sensible. In six months they'll probably be taping for 2020.

15 hours ago, Sublime said:

But I can see Ki being a mad about going from title shot to back to the undercard because Alberto is unstable that seems unfair to him that he didn't atleast get to stay in the title picture for a bit.

I agree, I think he has a reasonable gripe here. Especially since the route they took was worse than having Ki act as a transitional champion. 

I don't remember hearing him complain about the Laycool stuff. I there were fans griping about it. I was initially but by the third week I had turned around on it. 

7 hours ago, nate said:

Low Ki is a fucking mark.

Low Ki is a mark for himself.  That's the problem.

I can understand him being upset about the title picture if a run with the belt was promised as a condition of his participation, but Low Ki does not have the look or the gimmick that a fed full of Southern bookers will feel comfortable hanging the company belt on.

Name the last time you heard a really good promo from Low Ki?  Case closed.

Ki is a guy you can build a strong mid-card program around, but I love guys with striker gimmicks and even I'd be hard pressed to run with him as the main event guy.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I just watched the promo for Taya on YouTube, I really want to say "great job Impact", but I can't type that without it looking sarcastic.

"Good job TNA"

"Well done GWF"

Nope... all sound sarcastic

Good job-- 

AnthemGlobalForceWrestlingImpactWrestlingOnPop.

You might think I'm joking..but that's literally what they're going by. 

• Haha 1

Mike Johnson is reporting that Rosemary got injured tonight at TripleMania when Sexy Star hurt her doing an armbar.  They are reported that Lady Shanti and Sexy Star were shooting on each other and Sexy hurt Rosemary on the finish.