DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

1 hour ago, Thibs said:

Rosemary better be all over that show this year.

She stands out more than any women on Raw or Smackdown since she's actually a character. She can be their female Undertaker. 

I'm sure you mean 90s Undertaker, for it's imperative she shows up more than a couple of times a year.

Ok, I mean more than a couple of episodes. I reckon TNA's taping days won't even come close to 52 in 2017.

Just in terms of being a character and staying true to her character. In a day in age where character and psychology are very much ignored in favor of getting as many moves in as possible. 

I'm personally not a huge fan of women's wrestling at all but this girl engages me. 

So a year later, it looks like the POP deal is actually paying off-- who would've thought. In addition to airing on the POP network, Impact will now be airing LIVE on Hulu starting later this year.

On the surface, this seems like a huge deal for them.

TNA IMPACT TO BE PART OF HULU'S NEW LIVE STREAMING TV SERVICE
By Mike Johnson on 2017-01-04 13:37:00

It was announced today that Pop, the home of TNA Impact Wrestling in the United States, will be added to Hulu's new live streaming TV service, which will roll out later this year. 

This will allow fans who wish to watch TNA to be able to do so even if they cut the cord from cable. 

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 4, 2017 -- Hulu today announced a comprehensive, new agreement with CBS Corporation to carry America's most-watched broadcast network, CBS, as well as popular sports and entertainment channels CBS Sports Network and POP, with the potential to add additional networks in the future. All networks in the deal will be available to stream live, with much of their programming available on-demand as well, through Hulu's new multichannel, live TV streaming service, set to launch in the coming months. 

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/106895/tna-impact-to-be-part-of-hulus-new-live-streaming-tv-service.html?p=1

On 1/1/2017 at 0:05 AM, zev said:

Congrats on not being in the In Memoriam thread.

Now work with SMASH storylines so Rosemary vs. Allie becomes your top feud.

We need this ASAP.

The Knockouts stuff has been uneven for the last few years but there are still the makings of an interesting division. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 0:39 PM, Thibs said:

Rosemary better be all over that show this year.

She stands out more than any women on Raw or Smackdown since she's actually a character. She can be their female Undertaker. 

I prefer to think of it as someone in the WWE could step up and be their male Rosemary.

Rosemary vs. Allie needs to happen.

• Like 1

Finally. 

For Immediate Release – January 4, 2017 

Anthem Sports & Entertainment Forms Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions, LLC., Acquires Control of IMPACT Wrestling

Toronto, Canada (January 4, 2017) - Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. today announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire a majority interest in TNA IMPACT Wrestling, and has formed Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions, LLC.  Anthem also owns Fight Network, the world’s premier 24/7 multi-platform channel dedicated to complete coverage of combat sports, which is IMPACT Wrestling’s exclusive broadcast partner in Canada and worldwide digital partner.

“We are thrilled to have acquired TNA IMPACT Wrestling,” said Ed Nordholm, Executive Vice President of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp., the parent of Fight Network. “As we grow Anthem’s linear, digital and mobile platforms globally, top tier content with global appeal is key to that success and this acquisition is a perfect strategic addition to our portfolio. IMPACT has been a dominant wrestling brand around the world for more than a decade and we are confident that Anthem can leverage its assets and strategic partnerships to take IMPACT Wrestling to even greater heights.”

Mr. Nordholm, who has been the managing director of the IMPACT Ventures Board of Managers since October 2016, will assume the position of President of Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions, LLC. Dixie Carter will resign from her position as Chairman of Impact Ventures and join the Advisory Board of Fight Media Group, which holds all of the combat sports-related assets of Anthem, where her focus will be on the global growth of the combat sports-related brands owned by Anthem.

“Anthem has been a great partner for many years,” added Dixie Carter. “We have worked hard to find the right company who would acquire TNA, use its strategic influence and have a long-term commitment to the brand. TNA’s incredible fans, talent and staff deserved to see the brand continue to thrive after 15+ years of incredible growth.  I’m excited to move to a new position and work with Anthem on their global strategic plan, and I am confident TNA IMPACT Wrestling is going to be a huge part of their success.”

6 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...

No. It's going to be very hard to top just how terrible Dixie was. That woman is gonna provide stories for a decade.

Ding dong the stupid witch has finally been deleted.

I saw Anthem and thought, "The same people that provide me with health insurance also own The Fight Network?"

I am old and dumb.

Or, I am a genius as it would be pretty awesome to be able to be on the TNA roster and get a discount on health care benefits because you're a company employee.

• Like 7