DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

After the Hardys won the Crash tag team titles in Tijuana in a segment taped for a upcoming show, they are also taping 1/29 in Gibsonville, NC on the CWF Mid Atlantic show, where they defend their Omega tag team titles in a three-way against Roy Wilkins Jr. (who is very good and is best known for doing a 105 minute match in that building with Trevor Lee) & Arik Royal as well as John Skyler & C.W. Anderson

Fuck and Yes!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Random updates from Meltzer via the radio show

- Jeff Jarrett will basically be in charge of TNA by the time the next set of tapings happen. He also appears to be setting up a relationship with Konnan so expect some sort of TNA/Crash working arrangement (which we are already starting to see the start of)

- Anthem is looking to not spend a lot of money - that is why there are no longer the stories of them trying to go out and sign guys. Expect a lot of guys who have a good relationship with Jarrett to be used - especially if they are willing to come in and work for not a lot of money (so short term deals)

- Dixie is completely out of the picture since she and Jeff can't work together. Jon Gaburick - while still with the company - is also out of power.

- The next set of tapings (early March) will be really interesting as they will be the first ones under the true new management. So don't be surprised if there is a full reboot

- A lot of people were unhappy that the last set of tapings were the same direction

- Drew Galloway and the Hardys did not sign new deals so who knows what will happen to them. (Hardys want to go back to WWE but they want to maintain control of their creative so yeah... good luck with that)

29 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Also looks like they're partnering up with NOAH.

I did see Moose tweeting about he was going to work there.

He is definitely someone that would benefit from that sort of agreement

Wow, that's a lot to digest.  With the Crash tie-in, I know it's insane to think Pentagon 0M would show up on TNA TV.  Plus I don't know his contract status with LU.  But AFAIK Daga should be able to show up so I wouldn't mind seeing him have some matches there.

I'm delighted not only has Dixie's been out but Big John is out too.  I'm very much looking forward to the reboot that we thought would have happened earlier this year.  I don't expect Corgan to be part of this but stranger things have happened.  But it sure is nice to see them making a solid attempt at a comeback.

28 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Are they taping during Wrestlemania weekend? Orlando is going to be full of wrestling fans and wrestlers seems like a good idea to me.

There has been talk they will tape that week too but nothing has been set except the March tapings.

I went from one part of this forum telling me NOAH is going bankrupt to another that says they are partnering with TNA. You can find your own jokes with that.

Edit: I get that NOAH isn't really shutting down but it's still funny.

Edited by Godfrey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

There has been talk they will tape that week too but nothing has been set except the March tapings.

Be smart from my standpoint to tape that week. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday that city is going to be crawling with wrestling fans. They'd be able to get the studio full of loud entantive fans.

Also with all the wrestlers in town they'd be able to tape some really cool One Night Only PPV's and sign some outside talent to come in for four days of taping leading to Lockdown or whatever they're monthly special would be.

Im going to be at Universal Studios that Monday and might be inclined to see an IMPACT! Taping if I'm there.

It was first reported by Ryan Satin at Pro Wrestling Sheetthat Scott D’Amore has been hired by TNA and will have a number of roles within the company.

The LAW has confirmed D’Amore’s return to the company and was the facilitator on TNA’s behalf to strike a working relationship with Pro Wrestling NOAH.  The announcement had been made early Tuesday morning by NOAH president Masayuki Uchida of the relationship and that there would be TNA involvement on NOAH’s upcoming event in Yokohama on March 12th.

NOAH has gone through many hardships as the fledgling promotion is now under new ownership. This has resulted in New Japan Pro Wrestling removing their talent (primarily Suzuki-gun) from NOAH and re-introducing them earlier this year at the New Year Dash event in January.

We can also add that there is a plan of having talent exchanges with younger talent being able to come from Japan and be booked on independent shows in the U.S. and Canada to gain experience and sending talent of their own to Japan and working with NOAH.

D’Amore is currently in Nashville and met with Anthem executives on Tuesday.  He also has sat in on some booking meetings and is expected to have a role within the booking committee. The next set of television tapings begin March 3rd and will also be the first tapings since Dutch Mantel returned to TNA.

D’Amore and Jeff Jarrett are still part of Global Force Wrestling, which has shot episodes and been shopping the promotion around for a potential television deal.

D’Amore began with TNA in 2003 and would wear a number of hats, including his role as lead booker after the departure of Dusty Rhodes. The booking under D’Amore saw the promotion launch on Spike TV in October 2005 with a heavy focus on the X division and later served as the key agent during the launch of the Knockout’s division in the fall of 2007.

BTW - another reminder that TNA would really like you to stop calling them TNA

(besides the website being impactwrestling.com)

This is the blurb they put up on said website

As announced earlier today in Tokyo, Japan, IMPACT Wrestling and Pro Wrestling NOAH have come to terms on a working relationship. This is an exciting time for both companies with a more formal announcement coming soon.

In a Press Conference held earlier today, NOAH President Masayuki Uchida made the official announcement.

We look forward to making a formal announcement soon in Tokyo and seeing IMPACT Stars compete at NOAH’s Yokohama event on March 12. We are thrilled to build this relationship even further with more details to come.

Stay close to impactWrestling.Com and all of our social media channels for more on this exciting partnership.

They especially want the Hardys - Drew Galloway to a lesser extent. (They would love Bobby Lashley back too but Lashley doesn't want to give up MMA)

Thing is the Hardys are doing really really well for themselves on the indies and aren't too keen to give up creative control - so that will probably be the hold up for awhile

Depending on how serious NJPW is about running shows in America next year, maybe they tell the Hardys to bide their time doing indies, they'll call them out to Japan for some spots, and then they sign them and they become a focal point for NJPW's American shows next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

They especially want the Hardys - Drew Galloway to a lesser extent. (They would love Bobby Lashley back too but Lashley doesn't want to give up MMA)

Thing is the Hardys are doing really really well for themselves on the indies and aren't too keen to give up creative control - so that will probably be the hold up for awhile

When they were at MCW recently they charged $50 for a photo or autograph with the Hardy Family and $100 for both options.  Then there was the $100 VIP line for a seemingly shorter line and whatever else.  There was a huge line for both regular and VIP so they were busy for quite a while.  For a Hardy bash at a WWN event they have similar pricing options.  Long story short, they're making tons of money and won't need WWE if they wish.  And considering all that they've been putting into this I'm very happy for them.

• Like 2