DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

1 hour ago, jstout said:

I wonder how many house shows Del Rio will have to miss? Oh yeah, forgot.

Maybe three.

Ha, you thought you had a joke.

The real joke is that I went to their garbage-ass website to check that they still had house shows coming up and the live events section is blank.  I can't even access the site on my phone without being bombarded by security certificate warnings.  Their Instagram feed is also a bunch of old-ass GFW pictures with guys that aren't around anymore to promote the ONO PPVs of the GFW Amped tapings that nobody is going to buy.  Cause like ol' Double J says, "If you confuse 'em, you lose 'em" or some shit.

2 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Paige is in the denial and guilt stages of abuse and no one should believe a word she says.  

El Patron should be fired, locked up and have the key thrown away.  There's no coming back from this.

Didn't Austin get arrested for slapping Debra around?

He sure did. However when that happened he wasn't their champion. In fact he was off TV for quite some time as that was during his "took his ball and went home" phase for refusing to lose to Brock. If he was on TV at the time and the WWE decided to keep the belt on him then I could understand the comparison. Also I'm not making excuses for Austin either. Domestic violence is always shitty.

But he still came back and wasn't "done". He was also ten times the star that AEP is. Then again, it was a long time ago and things are different. So I guess we'll see. 

On a side note, I think the GFW name would be a little more endearing if they got rid of the stupid green colors and had a cool logo.

So is your argument that it's okay that Del Rio abuses Paige because Austin did it? Or that we should also shun Austin. Because, like, man I have a hard time separating art and artist sometimes. Like I love the Beatles and it's hard knowing that John Lennon used to beat the shit out of Cynthia. Same with Austin. I haven't really been able to watch a Benoit match since 2007. So I can get where you're coming from there. In Austin's case he seems to genuinely regret his actions, there was a big divorce settlement with Debra and he and his current wife appear to be in a healthy and happy relationship. So good for him. Does that excuse his actions? I don't know. I do know that Paige/Del Rio is a current and ongoing problem and it's a bad look for TNA to look the other way with Del Rio though. Just as it was a bad look for WWE. So I dunno man, wrestling is full of shitty people.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

So is your argument that it's okay that Del Rio abuses Paige because Austin did it? Or that we should also shun Austin. Because, like, man I have a hard time separating art and artist sometimes. Like I love the Beatles and it's hard knowing that John Lennon used to beat the shit out of Cynthia. Same with Austin. I haven't really been able to watch a Benoit match since 2007. So I can get where you're coming from there. In Austin's case he seems to genuinely regret his actions, there was a big divorce settlement with Debra and he and his current wife appear to be in a healthy and happy relationship. So good for him. Does that excuse his actions? I don't know. I do know that Paige/Del Rio is a current and ongoing problem and it's a bad look for TNA to look the other way with Del Rio though. Just as it was a bad look for WWE. So I dunno man, wrestling is full of shitty people.

I don't really have an argument. Obviously if he's really beating the shit out of her, he should be fired and preferably have his teeth kicked in.

i was just making an outside observation on whether or not he's "done" and using Austin as an example. I think its silly to say "he's done" because we've seen people come back from worse. That doesn't mean that this whole thing doesn't suck or that his actions are excusable. 

Just saying, he might go to rehab, settle up with her like Austin did, apologize and come out of it smelling like a rose. Or he could be another wrestling tragedy. 

Time will tell. But I don't really have an argument-- just trying to analyze the situation as a whole.

Speaking as a fan, I was enjoying his LAX storyline and the company seemed to be getting some momentum so this sucks all around. They have themselves to blame for not properly vettting him. 

8 hours ago, Thibs said:

But he still came back and wasn't "done". He was also ten times the star that AEP is. Then again, it was a long time ago and things are different. So I guess we'll see.

It was 15 years ago. Not that long ago, and not acceptable at all "way back then." It's not like he was smacking her around in 1972.

• Like 3

In non-Del Rio news but in what appears to be typical Jarrett news

JJ said at the end of that press conference yesterday that no deal had been reached with the Hardys.

Well that got Reby fired up

After Jeff Jarrett maintained that Anthem owns the rights to the "Broken Hardys" characters and said that The Hardys haven't agreed to purchase them on a conference call today, Reby Hardy struck back on Twitter. She wrote: "We had agreement terms as of LAST WEEK. Included non-disparagement clause to the tune of 5k every time I tweet something about TNA...but according to @RealJeffJarrett, there is nothing ? OKAY ! Who's up for another run of #F*ckThatOwl shirts ? They'll be up by 2mor. I haven't said anything FOR WEEKS. Meanwhile, Jeff, Dutch & Ed all can't seem to be able to keep us out of their mouths. Snakes."

That is the WON recap but I had been seen the tweets all afternoon

Imagine Alberto trying to pull the shit he does with Paige with Reby. Instead of throwing a drink at him, Reby would have just slashed his face. If Reby were to have el perro killed, Senor Benjamin would be there to hide the body, or blow it up with explosives.

• Like 4

Meltzer confirmed that an agreement had been reached (re: the Hardy rights) but TNA appears to have backed out of it... again. That's right - Dave said this isn't the first time that this has happened and basically every time it is TNA bailing after originally agreeing to do the deal.

8 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

It was 15 years ago. Not that long ago, and not acceptable at all "way back then." It's not like he was smacking her around in 1972.

I think you missed the point. 

I didn't mean that the fact that it happened 15 yrs ago made it okay. I meant that 15 yrs ago, without Twitter and social media the way it is, made it easier for Austin to come back from it. Had this happened today, with as big of a name as Austin was, it would have been a bigger deal and he would've faced a more sustained onslaught via twitter, etc.

50 minutes ago, Thibs said:

I think you missed the point. 

I didn't mean that the fact that it happened 15 yrs ago made it okay. I meant that 15 yrs ago, without Twitter and social media the way it is, made it easier for Austin to come back from it. Had this happened today, with as big of a name as Austin was, it would have been a bigger deal and he would've faced a more sustained onslaught via twitter, etc.

If that was your point, I think you missed it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Imagine Alberto trying to pull the shit he does with Paige with Reby. Instead of throwing a drink at him, Reby would have just slashed his face. If Reby were to have el perro killed, Senor Benjamin would be there to hide the body, or blow it up with explosives.

I guarantee you Matt Hardy never leaves the toilet seat up.  He wouldn't dare.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

My friend, the sooner that you develop the ability to separate art from artist, the happier that you'll be. For every artist that I've idolized who turned out to be really awesome as a person, there have been three or four who turned out to be right bastards at worst or genial idiots at best. Let's see... 

Wrestling - Y'all remember the sleaze thread? Good, now most of it was true, and there's stuff left off that's even worse. 

Boxing - Manny ( a ridiculously homophobic piece of shit)

GGG (So far, so good)

Baseball - Mantle & Mathews (drunken buffoons who spent most of the time at a Q & A trying to look up the dress of the local reporter sent to cover the event. In the case of drunken frat boys in the 19-23 years-old bracket, such behavior (while still loathsome) is at least somewhat understandable. In the case of two men in their fifties, it's just pathetic.

- Eddie Murray: White collar criminal.

- Matt Williams: Can't say much bad about Matty except that he sucks as a manager

Music - We'd be here all day

Literature - I don't shit where I eat, but trust me, we'd be here all day.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer confirmed that an agreement had been reached (re: the Hardy rights) but TNA appears to have backed out of it... again. That's right - Dave said this isn't the first time that this has happened and basically every time it is TNA bailing after originally agreeing to do the deal.

Doesn't Dixie still have 5% ownership into Impact or is she completely out of it now?  If she's still in it I wonder if part of the tentative agreement was for her to be on the Angle doc.

On 7/14/2017 at 10:10 AM, Sublime said:

I'm guessing Jarrett is just fucking with WWE/Vince out of spite and/or he's trying to hardball his way into the WWE HOF 

While I can see Jeff fucking with the WWE as a plausible excuse, I would think it has more to do with the Jarretts fucking with Matt and Reby than that.   As delusional as Jeff might be about this self worth, even he would think he isn't HOF worthy.  

Although I wonder if the increased use of Dixie Carter (maybe depending on Monday night) is eating at Jeff's craw  as well.   

Jeff Jarrett was never a draw in the WWF even during the "Ain't I Great" period when he was maybe the #3 heel in the company.   It is really debatable how much of a draw he was in WCW because the company was going down the toilet financially and booking while he was winning the heavyweight title about 4 or 5  times.  Now Jarrett is not even in the top 5 of reasons WCW died but it makes you wonder.

He isn't going to the HOF based on what he did in TNA.   Hell based on that guys like Paul Boesch, Roy Shire, and maybe Paul Heyman would have been in the HOF.  And 2 of them was more successful than Jeff ever will be