DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

31 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I want a match between Homicide and Suicide:

Bell rings: Suicide pulls out a revolver and pulls an R Budd Dwyer.

Homicide: "What the fuck?"

Ref raises Homicide's hand

Homicide pulls out a switch blade, slashes the refs throat and says "This shit aint a gimmick"

Cut to commercial.

This doesn't bode well for the futures of the Wrestle Circus Sideshow or DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight titles.

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

I want a match between Homicide and Suicide:

Bell rings: Suicide pulls out a revolver and pulls an R Budd Dwyer.

Homicide: "What the fuck?"

Ref raises Homicide's hand

Homicide pulls out a switch blade, slashes the refs throat and says "This shit aint a gimmick"

Cut to commercial.

"We'll get back to Lucha Underground after these words from our sponsors!"

*insert Abilify ad here*

• Like 4

Per this week's Observer...

After losing the rights to the Dudley name because Heyman trademarked it and then it became WWE property when they purchased ECW's assets...

"...when LoMonica came up with the Bully Ray character while in TNA he trademarked it and TNA never opposed the trademark."

• Like 1

Yeah - here is the section that specifically brought up the Bully/Bubba issue

The belief is that Anthem made the move in response to Matt Hardy trying to trademark the gimmick on 3/1, the day after his contract expired, and felt they needed to move immediately. The timing was a mess for ROH, but more likely, the feeling was they had to do it because they wanted to show they were vigilant regarding the ownership of the intellectual property with the expectation the Hardys are going to WWE.

The trademark issue is why there isn’t a similar issue regarding Mark LoMonica and Bully Ray. LoMonica, who had been burned once before on the Dudleys character which was created in ECW, and Paul Heyman had verbally given he and Devon Hughes the rights to use, but never took care of it legally, saw WWE claim ownership of the Dudleys name and gimmick based on the idea that they had purchased ECW in bankruptcy court, and thus now owned its intellectual property. So when LoMonica came up with the Bully Ray character while in TNA he trademarked it and TNA never opposed the trademark. This would have allowed him to use it, even in WWE.

• Like 3

Which makes it even more mind boggling that they wouldn't have tried to trademark it earlier before Nordholm took over. 

Corgan would have let it happen most likely, never mind Dixie who's perfectly okay with people walking all over her. 

On 3/15/2017 at 6:43 PM, Marty Sugar said:

They need the owl to run the show: it can only be understood by Tajiri, who in turn can only be understood by Steve Austin. Ratings explode every time the three of them have an on-air booking meeting.

Are those like the "booking meetings" I've seen* up in BC? ;) 

• Like 1

Reby is now claiming that TNA violated child labor laws because Maxel. Never mind the fact that she willfully brought him out every time.

Or the fact that her entire claim is based on the fact that they were 100% behind the Broken storyline...which would then make it her call to use Maxel in the first place. 

@RebyHardy From now on, someone will be speaking for us regarding the ridiculous situation we've been put in. And not on twitter. Thx for the support.

I love the fact that it took hiring a lawyer for her to figure out that she should keep her mouth shut and stop litigating things on Twitter. 

You really can't fix stupid.

So it looks like they've formed a partnership with AAA now and Konnan seems okay with it. So now they've partnered with NOAH, AAA, and Crash. It looks like the WOS thing is on the horizon in the U.K. along with the India tour and startup promotion. I have to imagine they'll do something in Canada as well. 

Ideally it would be cool if they could just rotate tv tapings in all of these international markets along with Orlando. You do a set in Orlando, go to the U.K and India, go to Mexico, throw in Japan and Canada and all of a sudden you have a year's worth of TV in hot markets with great crowds. Its really a great option until they're in a position to draw anything in the US. 

Which probably means it won't happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I'm waiting for the owl to sue Reby for slander and defamation.

Well, the f word is a very versatile thing. The owl could sue Reby for sexual harassment... and I just spent five minutes looking for pictures of Stevie Richards and Missy Hyatt and couldn't find any. But it would have been funny if I had found some.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also realized that with Jarrett back - King of the Mountain can't be that far behind

My doctor told me I have vertigo but after reading that it's the second worst thing I've heard today.

• Like 2