DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

You know, I went to DVR that but it was up against a couple other shows I was DVRing, so I put it off to the midnight replay.  I switched over to watch a few minutes saw footage from last week's episode and went "Man, they replay a LOT of stuff on these shows".  FTR, the right episode aired on the replay.

On 1/9/2017 at 0:23 PM, Casey said:

Mixed & intergender tag team matches are the same thing, though.

Not necessarily, the six man tag with the little people at Wrestlemania 3 was a mixed tag. 

Intergender would be man vs woman. Mixed is man and woman teaming. 

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Jesus Christ, I think I had a heart attack watching Don West there. He was the deepest red by the end. You could pop him with a pin.

If you had a heart attack there, then think about how Don West probably felt. I hope there was an ambulance standing by outside for him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Yeah, but most of those shows are better than the current product (not that I watch it now it's not on British telly).

Makes it kind of hard to judge then, no?

They've actually probably had their strongest booking run in history over the last year. 

The last show on Challenge was a 2016 recap show. The one before that was Hardy's Apocalypto. But none of that was as good as Austin Aries' title run. Or the MCMGs vs Beer Money feud. Or Styles vs Daniels vs Joe.

Individual match-wise, you're right. As far as consistent solid booking, I'd say last year would be the best (minus the last two months maybe). 

They've had several good booking runs before but they would last all of 3 months or so. 

Per Mike Johnson - it was a YouTube video but yes they apparently put out an Andrews hype video for someone no longer with he company I guess in the hope that two new people watch waiting for someone to show up who never will now

Lost in the Pentagon Jr news was the Hardys defended the TNA titles last night on the Lucha Crash show and TNA taped it (along with Jeremy Borash being on site)

So expect that to be dropped into an upcoming episode

• Like 1

The best logo was the one that came out when they had ads in Times Square that just said Impact Wrestling. Hell, that may have been what they've used up until now. I would say just keep using that and remove any mention of TNA, but I'm guessing that part of the sale means that they couldn't use the same visual assets that were previously used.

What does the bird represent?  Because, otherwise, that seems like such a random thing to throw into the logo.  How'd  that meeting go?  "Y'know ... it just seems like something's missing, but I just ... can't ..."

(Silence in the boardroom)

*snap* "I got it!" (hastily draws a bird looming over the A)

".... motherfucker ..." (a single tear rolls down the cheek)

18 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Anthem started out as the label who released RUSH albums. One of the album covers featured an owl, and that's what the company chose their logo to be.

That's good to know, but I liked @nate's reason much better.

• Like 1