DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

On 4/28/2017 at 6:47 PM, Ace said:

Hell. Just have Matt point out when TNA breached his contract. Done.

Nah, ECW never paid anybody and WWE ended up with most of the trademarks unless guys took the liberty of registering their stuff before hand.

On 4/30/2017 at 5:53 AM, Sin Carne said:

Agree Moose should be the guy they are pushing, but I think they need to give somebody else a chance with the Grand Championship.

They should take a screwdriver and pry the 'GRAND' plate off of the belt and replace it with a 'TELEVISION' plate first.  A TV Championship one fall/10-minute time-limit match should eat as much TV time as a Grand Championship three round/9-minute time-limit match and should flow better on TV.  Be perfect for Eli Drake and they should get Godderz in the mix as well.  He seems to have disappeared since the Jarrett regime took over.  They should be prepping both of those guys for the main event scene.

I know when the Grand Championship was introduced they tried to pay lip service to the British rounds system but it's played out more like Corgan thought what people liked about MMA was rounds and judging.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, nate said:

Is it an issue of food safety?

Yes.  Japan has ridiculously strict food purity laws as do most Asian countries.  Most of those laws are put in place to protect domestic food production.

The tuna in the tuna roll you ate in some restaurant near Shinjuku 99% came from the nets of a Japanese fisherman and was processed in a Japanese plant and had its quality checked by a Japanese inspector.

There is also a bit of traditional cultural shame going on. 

The social media photo makes makes a bad worse because now the identity / location of the store is out in the public forum and customers are guaranteed not to shop there for quite some time.

A formal apology was in order to restore the honor and good name of the convenience store chain and the wrestling federation.

Realistically, a human being lying on top of any food while wearing street clothes should be a health code violation in any country but yeah, Japan..

Fortunately in this case, there is a gaijin to blame this on, so this is not the PR nightmare it could've been for NOAH.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

It's only slander or libel if it isn't true.  The statement has to be false AND damaging.

@RebyHardy: Got a phone notification that someone named "@MmmGorgeous" was following my husband back & was bout to pack a bag to go beat some hoe's ass

About time she got a visit from the fashion police...

Meltzer said on the radio show that the WWE is letting the Hardys (or more specifically their lawyers) handle the issue because they really don't want to set the precedent of getting involved.

But he flat out said that Matt Hardy would have been told to stop teasing the gimmick if they weren't in the process of trying to get it.

4 minutes ago, Thibs said:

@RebyHardy: Got a phone notification that someone named "@MmmGorgeous" was following my husband back & was bout to pack a bag to go beat some hoe's ass

1. Okay, that's not libel.  That is a threat of an assault.

2. I am a happy and involved heterosexual and I would be totally fucking flattered if Tyler Breeze thought I was worth checking out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

1. Okay, that's not libel.  That is a threat of an assault.

2. I am a happy and involved heterosexual and I would be totally fucking flattered if Tyler Breeze thought I was worth checking out.

It just goes to her insanity lol.

can Ed Nordholm stop saying things like "Heat" and "Gimmick". it makes him sound really really dumb. And did Fight network shoot this interview at a dinner party, so much background noise.

What exactly is the benefit of anthem management going public with all of this? It's not making them a penny. It's distracting from what they are trying to do. On top of that it makes them look so bush league. 

Seriously, if I am a business or vendor that Anthem is in talks of working together with, why the fuck would I even think of moving forward on a partnership with someone who so easily leaks contract information and internal business communication emails?

Ed couldn't even be bothered to have a lower tier jobber or office flunkie "anonymously" post it on Reddit. The idiot literally said "Hi, I am Ed Nordhelm. Here is language from our contracts that our wrestlers sign and copies of my email correspondence with another company involving IP negotiations."

This isn't even about being a bad wrestling company at this point. This is literally failing basics of Business 101.

I don't think people understand what leak means. He didn't leak anything-- he openly released a portion of the contract that went directly to the towards a matter over which his company has been getting crucified over for months-- whether or not Impact and Anthem owned the rights to the Broken gimmick. We now have proof that they do.  If they did the Reddit route, that would be a leak. 

And to no one's surprise, of course Anthem and Impact are being painted as bush league, not safe to do business with, blah blah blah. 

All Nordholm did was respond, with facts, after MONTHS of Reby and the Hardys on Twitter making accusation after accusation without a shred of evidence to back it up. Back then, he was the bad guy for supposedly taking away this gimmick that belonged to them. Now that he's shown that they signed contracts signing away IP rights, he's bush league. 

i will say this though-- he's an idiot for thinking that he can win a PR battle in the eyes of internet wrestling fans when he's on the side of TNA-- regardless of the facts of the situation. He's also an idiot for letting Jarrett run creative but I digress. 

I don't really like the idea that TNA appears to be holding the gimmick hostage in the hopes of getting some money out of it - much like they want to get a cut of contracted wrestlers' bookings outside of TNA.  But, it certainly looks like they have to legal right to insist the Hardys pay them to use the gimmick.  And it also looks like they have contract law on their side and made good faith efforts to communicate and negotiate with the Hardys.  At the moment, I'm thinking the Hardys signed a bad contract with TNA, realized later on that the gimmick was worth a lot more outside of TNA than they estimated, and decided to go to court and social media to try to get out of the contract by kicking up a fuss and portraying themselves as the victims.

And, yeah, i fail to see what is underhanded or bush league about this.  They basically put out a press release outlining the timeline of their communications and the contract.  Assuming the timeline is factual and the contract is legitimate, they seem to be almost completely in the right.  "Bush league" would be anonymously leaking the details of the contract to Reddit or discussing an ongoing negotiation.  Maybe the Hardy's had some handshake understanding not to make details of the contract public, but, even if that were the case, the contract details are only being made public because the Hardys have spent months accusing TNA of bullying them and trying to steal their intellectual property.