DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

4 hours ago, kafkonia said:

I feel like I may have asked this before, and maybe I'm oblivious, but why isn't Pope wrestling anymore? I don't recall hearing anything about any serious injury.

He wrestled three or four weeks ago for FEW (Fighting Evolution Wrestling), so it's not an injury.  Cagematch shows he's wrestled about once a month in recent years, mostly for FEW (in Florida) or OVW (is/was some sort of TNA developmental territory).  So I dunno.  Now I'm curious too.

While I agree with the logic that the Broken Hardyz will need supervillains to fight against and that Crazzy Steve is known commodity and should bump like a pinball in their matches, I still agree with Sammo~! and believe that Vince signed the wrong member of Decay to debut on WWE.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

While I agree with the logic that the Broken Hardyz will need supervillains to fight against and that Crazzy Steve is known commodity and should bump like a pinball in their matches, I still agree with Sammo~! and believe that Vince signed the wrong member of Decay to debut on WWE.

I still feel like we're going to get Courtney Rush; maybe in the women's tournament.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I still feel like we're going to get Courtney Rush; maybe the women's tournament.

It's not like I don't like Steve. 

It's just that he is doomed to debut as a Wyatt family member since that is the gimmick of all things preternatural and that will suck.

15 minutes ago, J.T. said:

It's not like I don't like Steve. 

It's just that he is doomed to debut as a Wyatt family member since that is the gimmick of all things preternatural and that will suck.

Agreed. What once had so much potential turned into Dungeon of Doom 2: Electric Boogaloo.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I still feel like we're going to get Courtney Rush; maybe in the women's tournament.

I dunno.  On one hand she's the Women's champion is heavily promoted, generally appearing on every show.  On the other, it's not like Impact! didn't just let their tag champs leave without dropping the belts either.  Or put a title on a departing Drew MacIntyre to try to entice him to stay.

Is it in reference to this?

Mike Johnson of PWInsider is reporting that there was a loud argument at Sunday's Impact Wrestling taping between Karen Jarrett and long-time Impact Wrestling employee Bob Ryder. Johnson noted that the argument started with Karen yelling at Ryder over the booking of a hotel room. After Karen stormed off, Jeff "loudly confronted" Ryder and told him to leave the taping. Ryder then left the building

Apparently the incident was heated enough that several people thought that Ryder was no longer with the company. PWInsider confirmed that Ryder was still with the company and was at Impact Wrestling offices in Nashville today. It is believed that everything is settled now.

8 minutes ago, nate said:

When Karen Jarrett is yelling at you over booking decisions, kill yourself.

Wait, what? Is "A Hotel Room" the new Global Force Gold Champion? I mean it wouldn't surprise me at this point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nate said:

When Karen Jarrett is yelling at you over booking decisions, look into the mirror and question your life choices.

FTFY, thought the original phrase was a bit harsh, though I agree Karen yelling about booking decisions is ludicrous.

The tournament was messed up as far as the planned booking because on 4/26, Bram (Thomas Latimer) was suspended for the rest of the tournament and all matches he and Robbie E were scheduled for were forfeited. The day before, he was in Gifu and went to a convenience store and jumped into a fridge and posted an instagram photo of him. It wouldn’t have been an issue, except the fact he posted an instagram photo of it meant it couldn’t be covered up and it related to something that had been a big news story in the country. The next day, NOAH President Masayuki Uchida and Latimer publicly apologized for his actions. Uchida even said that they may have to do seminars for the foreign talent to learn how things are done in Japan and promised that inappropriate behavior of the wrestlers would never happen again. Latimer’s out of the ring behavior, getting into a fight with a police officer, in particular, led to him being fired by WWE, as the feeling there was he had potential. The incident made mainstream news in Japan as well.

Kazma Sakamoto is being brought in for the rest of the tour to replace Bram, but the matches would not be tournament bouts.