DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2017 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Shadow of Mordor was one of my favorite games in the last five years, just totally surprised me with how much fun it was.  I think it was one of the best new IPs with new gameplay elements in awhile, so if that was their first offering I can only imagine how good the sequel will be.

• Like 1

It's one of the better open-world tower-climbers, but that's mostly because I can take out a whole line of leadership for the enemy and then have their scarred up, grudge-holding second-in-commands take their places. 

Without the Nemesis system, it's a lower-level Assassin's Creed game. So what I'm saying is that I hope they make that Nemesis system significantly better with multiple new features. That's the difference between a buy and a no-buy, at least for me. 

yeah, it's weird they decided "Shadow" was the word they were going to center the franchise on.

i mean, I guess technically it's "Middle Earth" but nobody ever called it Middle Earth.  They called it Shadow of Mordor.

Its like they are looking into my soul and having 'new' releases of all my favorite games as a child. First Double Dragon, now this.

Comes out tomorrow. Prediction: it will get awful reviews but I will love it anyway. Just like Double Dragon IV.

Nex Machina (Housemarque + Eugene Jarvis) comes out on May 23rd. It's a top down shooter for PS4 that looks like Black Ops Arcade, Smash TV, and Robotron 2084 had a crazy mutated baby with Resogun.

Also, Rime finally has a release date of May 26th.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tech Times is reporting that Rockstar is in All Hands On Deck mode to ensure that RDR2 stays on schedule and is up to the quality standards that players expect.

The downside being that they don't expect to release another GTA game until sometime around 2020.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

Tech Times is reporting that Rockstar is in All Hands On Deck mode to ensure that RDR2 stays on schedule and is up to the quality standards that players expect.

The downside being that they don't expect to release another GTA game until sometime around 2020.

By then they'll have finished randomly banning/deleting everyone's characters in GTA Online in a 7 year old game for no goddamn reason, and, on a less likely front, may actually add something new to the 6th game.

• Like 1

Okay - I am watching the Polygon hands on video and they described it as Saints Row meets Overwatch so it definitely has my attention

Plus one of the characters you can play as is Pierce Washington

So I know what my next game is after Andromeda