DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2017 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Just now, J.T. said:

You will be playing Andromeda for way longer than ten months.

Well like you said before - I will be done with the campaign twice way before that.

Then I can balance MP with other games

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well like you said before - I will be done with the campaign twice way before that.

Then I can balance MP with other games

Yep.  Once I am done with ME Andromeda's campaign, I can double up co-op with some XB1 RPGs I am long overdue in playing like Fallout 4, Elite Dangerous, *sigh* DA: I, Witcher; Wild Hunt, or Banner Saga.

18 hours ago, Eivion said:

Horizon Zero Dawn bothers me. Its something I should totally want to play based off everything I've seen from it yet for some reason I can't explain I'm just not interested. Its weird.

It's Guerrilla Games, so expect to disappointed.

Part of me is hoping Horizon Zero Dawn does tie into Killzone somehow. Maybe it's the far future of the Vekta after the ISA/Helghans have destroyed everything.

5 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

It's Guerrilla Games, so expect to disappointed.

Part of me is hoping Horizon Zero Dawn does tie into Killzone somehow. Maybe it's the far future of the Vekta after the ISA/Helghans have destroyed everything.

I've never payed any of their games.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So Scalebound was cancelled

Farewell douche with earphones - I never got the chance to properly hate you

Fresh must be sobbing into his beer right now.

It was an amazing looking game, but the protagonist was indeed quite the asshole.

As long as Sea of Thieves and Vampyr stay on track, I'm good.

Regarding Horizon Zero Dawn, why is it that Fringe guy is always voicing a digital ghost of some sort? As soon as he started talking, I could have closed my eyes and just as well have been listening to a trailer for Destiny.

I know Oyaji plays Prison Architect and I think a couple others here do to, so here is a prison I made http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844805675

Go ahead and try Escape Mode on it if you like, I really have no idea if it's "good" for that sort of thing or not? But I was pretty happy with how this one is running, generally.

Legend of Zelda:  Breath of the Wild will not only feature full voice acting (a huge departure), the game will have an option that allows players to chose English or Japanese with Subtitles as the voice track.

13 hours ago, J.T. said:

Legend of Zelda:  Breath of the Wild will not only feature full voice acting (a huge departure), the game will have an option that allows players to chose English or Japanese with Subtitles as the voice track.

Dope. I really wanna buy a switch but I really don't wanna pay that much for it and then a billion dollars for accessories.

More Switch-related Zelda news:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild hasn't even launched yet, but franchise producer Eiji Aonuma is already teasing a new installment in the series for the Nintendo Switch.

Talking to IGN, Aonuma said this new game could happen in order to fully use the Switch’s potential. “I haven’t been able to fully use all of the new features of the system,” he said. “There could be the possibility of another Zelda on Nintendo Switch."

The next step for the franchise is still at an early stage though, and not even close to be decided, since even Aonuma doesn’t seem know what new features could be included: “I think the core element of Zelda gameplay kind of stays the same. There’s the main character development as well as characters you meet along the way, and then you learn new things as the character develops. 

I just don't understand how Nintendo grows more inept with each console. Maybe they thought that since they were the masters of the handheld system that lending that brilliance to the console side would fix things and SOMEHOW Nintendo has made something weirder than they've ever made.

Destructoid, which is probably the only site whose reviews tend to fall in line with what I like sitewide so I put way more stock into their stuff than anyone else, reviewed Yakuza 0, which comes out next week.

9 out of 10.

I can't fucking wait.