DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2017 & Beyond)

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

So were the rumors of a buncha new Final Fantasy games just rumors?  The FF7 next gen remake seems at least a year or two off (as does a next gen Kingdom Hearts) and I haven't seen anything more about the next gen Final Fantasy 1-whatever (13?) that was supposedly going to come out this year.  

I recall no such rumor. There is the FF7 remake and the FF12 remaster. Don't recall anything else announced outside of those. You might be thinking of the rumor of all the main games being released together in some sort of special edition. Don't recall ever really hearing more on that one. Otherwise anything else getting remake is just well wishing by FFVI fans.

16 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

So were the rumors of a buncha new Final Fantasy games just rumors?  The FF7 next gen remake seems at least a year or two off (as does a next gen Kingdom Hearts) and I haven't seen anything more about the next gen Final Fantasy 1-whatever (13?) that was supposedly going to come out this year.  

Final Fantasy XII is a lock for July, so why show it?

The only other thing that's been announced is a Dissidia port to PS4. Might see more during the Sony show.

14 hours ago, Eivion said:

You might be thinking of the rumor of all the main games being released together in some sort of special edition. Don't recall ever really hearing more on that one. 

Yeah, that's what I was referring to.  It's probably in the FF thread, but there was a rumor a while back of the older games getting released together in a special anniversary collection.  But I can't find any more recent info on it either, so it's probably just wishful thinking.

Sigh,  I'm not much of a gamer so a next gen system is not really a necessity.  I was thinking of picking a PS 4 if the FF remaster rumor was true, but outside of the PS3/4 Final Fantasy games and Fire Pro World, there's really nothing else on my games wish list.  I'm sure there are lots of good games for the system, but I don't generally feel like playing games on a regular basis.  If the FF remaster really is just a rumor, i'll probably put off purchasing something for at least a year.  Fire Pro World is somewhat interesting to me, but not enough to justify the expense. 

Yeah. Made by the Japanese company who bought out Irem, listed on Steam as Summer 2017. There's also a free (as in no bullshit, no ads or in-app buys) mobile game, Lode Runner 1, but it has some issues. Everything is awfully small and zoomed out, and while it contains 100 of Doug Smith's original levels you have to play way too many of the new ones (which are very hand-holdy one-solution-only and don't even introduce enemies til stage 11) to get there.

The new Lode Runner looks amazing. The classic 150 levels are all there in classic visual style as well as in 3d.  There's new stuff in a new style and then multiple editors. This will likely be a day 1 purchase for me. 

• Like 1

Speaking of ADGQ, the summer edition starts in a little over a week.  

Randomized Zelda Link to the Past races are a hot thing right now, so expect a couple of them, along with the usual suspects.

I don't like wishing harm on anyone, but the "Does the Madden Curse apply to WWE Workers?" joke is right there.

Seth has already blown his knee out once a year for the previous two and manages to do it right before a WrestleMania.  He was lucky enough to be healed up to the point where he could work this year.

Next week looks to be busy with releases. We got Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, Valkyria Revolution, PS4 port of Elite: Dangerous, PS4 port of Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls, The Golf Club 2 and a standalone release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.

Oh and Steam Summer Sale. Your wallet is already dead.

Funnily - I am just like "I mean I could just plug in my SNES"

Though I really should look to see if it actually still works. That might make a decision for me. (Or more specifically if I try and get one for my son)

While the NES was the first console i had as a kid the SNES might be my favourite console of all time. Definitely responsible for me still playing games today. Looking at that leaked list i own a lot of those games, i know i could just buy the ones i want to play conveniently on the Wii/Wii U and it makes no sense to get a SNES Classic, but damn it, i want one!