DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2017 & Beyond)

RIPPA

I got Sonic Mania, but I'm holding back on other stuff because I plan to get Mario X Rabbids when it comes out in a couple weeks (and yeah, I know it's not a cross game, but it should be). 

This week is not quite "we're gonna kill your wallet dead" like last week was, but you got Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Thimbleweed Park on PS4, Madden, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm ports on PS4,  The Escapists 2, and a PS4 port of Jak & Daxter (so you can go for the Platinum again).

Not sure what's coming on XB1 sorry. More than likely some of the same things (except for the Sony stuff). Not trying to be a Sony fanboy honest.

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

The Planet Coaster dudes next project? A liscenced Jurassic Park tie in dinosaur theme park builder.

Summer 2018. Could easily be a Take My Money game.

giphy.gif

Holy. Fuck. Dinopark Tycoon with official JP licencing and modern graphics. I cannot fucking wait! PSYCHED.

• Like 4

http://kotaku.com/yu-suzuki-explains-shenmue-iiis-stiff-facial-expression-1798337053

Here is the exchange with Japanese website Game Watch Impress as Yu Suzuki watched the Shenmue III trailer.

Game Watch Impress: Is this trailer all in-game? Or is it pre-render?

Suzuki: It’s a completely in-game trailer.

Game Watch Impress: As for the completion percentage, how much of it [the game] is done?

Suzuki: Because this is various scenes tied together, saying how much [is done] is difficult, and as for the characters, everything is still temp data.

Game Watch Impress: The characters facial expressions are still or, how should I put this, fixed, but this part will actually change?

Suzuki: Yes, we haven’t yet put in the facial expressions. Until a month ago, we had put in the facial animations, but for the moment, they’ve been removed.

Game Watch Impress: The audio is wonderful, and is it a new recording?

Suzuki: No. This still uses audio from Shenmue II.

That's interesting, I wonder why they decided to release a teaser with the animations in such a state.

Also, I thought of a good joke right after I posted that, so please pretend this is part of my original post: Those fight scenes are so stilted and weightless that it looks like an Iron Fist tie-in game.  Heyooooo.

• Haha 1

From the people that made Crypt of the Necrodancer, comes Industries of Titan

Steam page here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/427940/Industries_of_Titan/

I'm intrigued because the concept of a "somewhat competitive city builder with a sci fi theme" vaguely reminds me of a very fun game called Startopia, which I haven't really seen another game like in a long time.

Well, you're gonna love this week, since Yakuza Kiwami is coming out.

Also, Everybody's Golf, Last Day of June, Episode 1 of Life Is Strange: Before The Storm, PS4/XB1 port of Resident Evil Revelations, Pillars of Eternity on consoles, Obduction (PS VR game from Cyan, the people who made Myst), Redout (it's Wipeout), Warriors All-Stars (Musou game with Atelier characters and Ryu Hayabusa), and White Day: A Labyrinth Named School (remake of 2001 Korean PC game) and MFING WINDJAMMERS.

OK sorry for the double post, but I am happy to announce that you are running out of reasons to not play Kentucky Route Zero.

Now, there isn't a date yet, because they haven't released both Act 5 yet and the 4-5 interlude, but in July they indicated to PC Gamer that that stuff was still on track to come out this year.

so uh, play it when it comes out, ok? it's fukin cool, i promise

For those into Indie games, the following were announced for the Switch, through early next year:

2m9lusb9wwiz.png

I haven't heard of most of those but I need some smaller games to play while watching football this season so I'll be checking reviews. I don't like playing the blockbuster games like Zelda handheld, prefer them on the big TV, but games like these are perfect for playing while watching TV in the background.