DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2017 & Beyond)

RIPPA

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:32 AM, JLSigman said:

While the good lady's outfit is LOLtastic, I did not realize until today that I needed Lightning vs. Sephiroth about as much as I need to breathe.

I thought I'd outgrown FF, but Lighting vs. Sephiroth may reel me back in.

I was excited about Sea of Thieves when I thought it was going to be semi-serious.  Then I saw that asshole being shot out of a cannon and I mentally checked out.  No thanks.

Mafia 3 is sitting on my Pile of Shame because I am intrigued by the idea of a sandbox games that takes place in the late 60's.  I think that A Way Out may also be right up my alley.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Besides the surprise Breath of the Wild DLC and the Bayonetta announcement a bunch of other things came out at the Game Awards.

I will spread this out

World War Z

If Days Gone doesn't beat this out, Sony should just shutter that studio and act like it never happened.

Sony had their PSX opening ceremony and....it was bit of a letdown if you were expecting megaton announcements. 

MediEvil is coming to PS4. That's it. 

Oh and there was trailers about Shadow of the Colossus, Dreams, an on-stage demo of Detroit: Become Human (audience participation actually made it better - save the fish, but kill the gunman) and a replay of the TGA 2017 trailer for Death Stranding. 

And tons of indie stuff (ooh, and DJMAX Respect is coming to the US!)

So no DMC V announcement, no  Yakuza Kiwami 2 or Yakuza of the North Star release dates, nothing. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Any ideas on who will likely develop the NJPW game?  Hopefully it's a team that knows what they are doing.  Sick of the 2K series and how overwrought it's become.

Honestly I hope its not a wrestling game at all.  I think a Dynasty Warriors-esque beat em up with the New Japan roster would be way more fun.  You could come up with over-the-top versions of their finishers for their special attacks.  Who wouldn't love to be Liger and shotei hordes of young lion mooks?

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic