DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAMES (2017 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Gundam's actually still a week off, thankfully.  I am real excited to dig into that, but want at least a little more time with Breath of the Wild before it fights with anything else for my attention.

EDITED because I am dumb as hell.  I was absolutely certain that Danganronpa (and thus all the things I wasn't paying attention to) were out this past week.

Okay, I haven't seen any posts about this, but this game will be my new obsession.  

CUPHEAD

So, this game re-defines the "Delayed" game.  It's been promised as coming out for years, but only comes out on Friday.  The reason though, is amazing. Everything in this game is hand-drawn art. Focus on boss battles and some platforming.  It's got a Super Mario World crossed with 1930's Looney Tunes.  It's also already notoriously difficult. 

I will start a GoFundMe to help with my soon-to-be shattered controllers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Okay, I haven't seen any posts about this, but this game will be my new obsession.  

Oh so you don't remember the posts from Fresh from like 3 years ago when it was announced at E3?

So very long ago....

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Phantom Brigade is as close as I will get to a new gen Front Mission title.

Hopefully it will be released for XB1.

You realized that Square Enix just announced a new Front Mission game at Tokyo Game Show for PS4 and Xbox One? Currently, it's called Left Alive and it'll be a third person shooter. It sorta sounds like The Last of Us but with mechs and very Japanese.

16 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

You realized that Square Enix just announced a new Front Mission game at Tokyo Game Show for PS4 and Xbox One? Currently, it's called Left Alive and it'll be a third person shooter. It sorta sounds like The Last of Us but with mechs and very Japanese.

I stopped being impressed when it was announced that it would be a shooter and not a turn based mech strategy game.

If I wanted a mech shooter, I'd either start playing Titanfall or pray for another Zone of the Enders.

3 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Culdcept Revolt for 3DS baby

Oh that's right and Mario & Luigi's Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions and Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaire's Conspiracy. I guess I'll be getting some 3DS games this week (or wait until Black Friday for them).

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition has been delayed from October 19 to “early 2018"

They are going to continue doing beta testing and are inviting "thousands" more into the closed beta

They're using games to bridge from Return of the Jedi to The Force Awakens.  That is fucking awesome.

Now if EA will allow Bioware to make another Star Wars RPG and tell the story of how Ben Skywalker became Kylo Ren...

Besides Super Mario Odyssey, next week has Assassin's Creed Origins, The Inner World: The Last Wind Monk (point & click adventure), The Mummy Demastered (Metrodvania from WayForward), Nightmare Boy (another Metroidvania), Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, and Yomawari: Midnight Shadows.

Not sure what's new on Xbox One this week besides multiplatform games like AC and Wolfenstein II.

XBox One is the clear third fiddle at this point, I mean I have one but I can't remember the last time I turned it on. PS4 and Switch compliment each other really well since they do different things/have different games so I think they will be about even going forward the rest of this generation, with XBox just kinda lingering behind. I also assume that means XBox will jump to "next gen" next to try to get back ahead. But I also think the XBOX One X will be a mistake, I could be proven wrong and they convert PC gamers.

• Like 1

I don't think I realized til this weekend how excited I am for Mario Odyssey.  I kind of fell off the series wagon after Sunshine because the Galaxy games (like anything that uses the Wiimote as a mouse pointer) are literally unplayable for me; I did play 3D Land and 3D World, but only years later.  I'd made a mental note that I really wanted to try to have a Switch before 10/27, but now that it's actually inbound I'm really getting worked up about a Nintendo-brand game for the first time in ages.